Trying to figure out if my ski is a complete stage 1, pics inside

I just bought an 07 rxp a few weeks ago. It was a bank repo, so the dealer didn't know anything about it. I think it might have the riva stage 1 package on it. I know for sure it has the riva 3" intake that goes up by the gas tank. Can someone verify if the prop , wedge, and intake grate are riva stage 1 as well? I bought a gps today and my best top speed was 69.3mph. Shouldn't the ski have a higher top end than that? I thought they are susposed to run 69 stock. Rpms where at 8140 with spikes to 8160. Water temp was 89 and outside was low 90s. Is there anything I can do to bring the top speed up to what riva claims a stage 1 should run, 71-72mph? Will exhaust improve top speed at all? Here are some pics I just took today:

+1
    THat is a riva inatake grate, the prop is after market solas but no way to tell specs on prop. There is a wedge but again no way to tell which one.

I would bet that you got a 14/19 prop and riva wedge.

Looks like your ski is setup correct per your temps. Nothing wrong with those rpms as long as that dont rise or on limiter.

Its going to be hard to gain more speed without adding more power IMO. You might gain some tenths with some free mods, and I dont think exhaust mod does much on stage 1, others may feel different.

Thanks, so u think my low speeds have to do with the weather conditions? Will the ski have a higher top end when it's cooler out? Is it worth it to fill in the rideplate holes?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangtw View Post
    Thanks, so u think my low speeds have to do with the weather conditions? Will the ski have a higher top end when it's cooler out? Is it worth it to fill in the rideplate holes?
    its hard to say. some rxps are 67 and some 69 stock. I would guess a 2 mph increase with stage 1 but its been a while and dont really remember.

You can gain tenths with free mods so the ride plate holes filled might gain a little.
    It is possible that if you are on limter, there might be a little more speed to gain.

Where is limiter set on the 07 models?

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    He says tenths but most people gain 1 mph by filling the ride plate holes alone. I did on a RXP and RXT. There is a 2-3 mph increase if you get under it and get everything aligned and siliconed properly. If those scratches go into the gel coat that will scrub speed also. I would guess if whoever had it was running over stuff then the wear ring probably needs replacing.

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    I agree with Rodney, the bottom could use a little TLC. Some of those scratches are actually perpendicular to the stream of water passing over them and can have a degrading effect on speed. Fill in the ride plate holes and gain at least .5 mph.

All-in-all though, your ski is running pretty good. In reality, 69.3 is nothing to sneeze at with a stage 1 RXP, especially in those water/air temperatures.

BTW... what is your altitude?

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    He says tenths but most people gain 1 mph by filling the ride plate holes alone. I did on a RXP and RXT. There is a 2-3 mph increase if you get under it and get everything aligned and siliconed properly. If those scratches go into the gel coat that will scrub speed also. I would guess if whoever had it was running over stuff then the wear ring probably needs replacing.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05Limited View Post
    I agree with Rodney, the bottom could use a little TLC. Those scratches are actually perpendicular to the stream of water passing over them and can have a degrading effect on speed. Fill in the ride plate holes and gain at least .5 mph.

All-in-all though, your ski is running pretty good. In reality, 69.3 is nothing to sneeze at with a stage 1 RXP, especially in those water/air temperatures.

+1...

If you pull the prop, it will tell you what it is (IF it hasn't been bent)

Get under the ski, smooth out the SCARS in the hull and clean up the silicone...

Make sure that EVERYTHING is lined up (hull, rideplate, grate), THEN FILL the holes!!! you WILL pick up more speed!!!

GOOD LUCK and keep us informed of your progress...

JP

Quote Originally Posted by 05Limited View Post
    I agree with Rodney, the bottom could use a little TLC. Some of those scratches are actually perpendicular to the stream of water passing over them and can have a degrading effect on speed. Fill in the ride plate holes and gain at least .5 mph.

Altitude is a little over 400ft.

Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    +1...

If you pull the prop, it will tell you what it is (IF it hasn't been bent)

Get under the ski, smooth out the SCARS in the hull and clean up the silicone...

Make sure that EVERYTHING is lined up (hull, rideplate, grate), THEN FILL the holes!!! you WILL pick up more speed!!!

GOOD LUCK and keep us informed of your progress...

JP
    Thanks everyone for the help, I will try and clean up the bottom a bit.

Thread Information