Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Starting Problems?

Just finished putting my 2006 RXP together and it will not start. The battery is fine, when I put the key in the fuel pump primes like normal. When I push the start button the fuel pump primes again, however it does not turn over and there is no clicking from the solenoid. Could it still be the solenoid even though it is not even clicking? Just looking for some ideas.
    Thanks

BLACK MAGIC HEADERS hydrojunkie's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum0286 View Post
    Just finished putting my 2006 RXP together and it will not start. The battery is fine, when I put the key in the fuel pump primes like normal. When I push the start button the fuel pump primes again, however it does not turn over and there is no clicking from the solenoid. Could it still be the solenoid even though it is not even clicking? Just looking for some ideas.
    Thanks
    check all your grounds,make sure all connections are good.have someone with a test light probe the sol while you crank to see whats going on.

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    make sure there is slack in the throttle cable as if the butterfly isnt on the stip when you put the key on it wont crank.

+1
    Have you tried to jump the connectors together so you effectivly bypass the solenoid?

Can you turn it over by hand with the plugs out? What's the compression? If it's high, maybe the cam is off a little... Ron

+1
    OK I just got a new relay. And it is doing the same thing not starting when I hit the button. I did jump the connectors and it turns over fine, so it is not the starter. I still don't think it is the button because when I hit the button the fuel pump starts to run so it is getting the signal that I'm trying to start it?

Also when I jump the connectors to try and start the motor it still will not run. I pulled the injectors to make sure they are working and there is not fuel coming out of them. I tried another ECU and another set of injectors and still no fuel when the motor is cranking. I am getting spark. Any ideas?

+1
    When you plug your key in does your fuel pump prime the fuel rail? You should hear the fuel pump turn on.

This sounds similar to what happened to my ski back in April.

My ski would not turn over unless I jumped the starter relay and even then it would not fire up. Come to find out the connection from the starter button to the main harness was messed up and this prevented the ski from starting.

Have you tried to spray starter fluid into the intake while turning the motor over? That should at least get it running for a second or 2. If that does get up and running then you will need to check your fueling since you said no fuel is coming out of the injectors. You can jump the fuel pump manually to see if that fixes the issue too.

Did your ski stalled, then u had problem to start it. How about to take spark plug out touch it to the ground and crank to see if you have a spark while u crank. My ski stalled, just find out that the chain is gone...

+1
    The the motor is brand new I just finished up putting the ski back together. The fuel pump does prime when I plug the key in and when I hit the start button it primes again. I did take power from one of the purple wires that come from the start button maybe the clamp is interrupting the current and thats why it won't start? On another note I tried yet another stater relay from a ski that runs fine, and my ski still did not start so it is definitely not the relay.

+1
    Any ideas?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information