Thread: 13/23 prop

+1

help need a 13/23 prop asap can anyone help save a 4th of july weekend

Kinduva long shot but does anyone have a 13/23 prop they would be willing to let me try out? I've got a weird buzzing noise coming from my pump and it goes away if I take out the whole pump out. I am needing something to get me through this week and the holiday weekend and want to make sure the 13/23 will work. I can paypal you money and my address to overnight the prop to me. I'm not some unknown on here looking to rip someone off. Just needing a little help and am active on this forum and not looking to get a bad rep. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by hitman; 07-01-2009 at 12:43 AM. Reason: changed title.

I would pm shobiz

Close as I can come is a RD 13/24.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    Close as I can come is a RD 13/24.
    You think that would be hard to turn based om my mods? I may have no choice though. I'm going to see if I can find Dan O'keef's shop down here and see if he can look at my stock prop. It was doing fine, but now all of a sudden, it has this very strange buzzing sound coming from it.

Maybe I sucked something up and threw it a bit out of balance? It doesn't really look damaged when looking at it. I dunno...

Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    You think that would be hard to turn based om my mods? I may have no choice though. I'm going to see if I can find Dan O'keef's shop down here and see if he can look at my stock prop. It was doing fine, but now all of a sudden, it has this very strange buzzing sound coming from it.

Maybe I sucked something up and threw it a bit out of balance? It doesn't really look damaged when looking at it. I dunno...

Sure you could get away with it for a bit.
    I would take that impeller off and take it and the ski to the shop for them to take a looksie.

I was hoping someone else would chime in that had heard buzzing...

Also, you could take the impeller off. Put everything together without sealing. fire it up and see if it still makes noise.
    If it buzzes then it ain't the impeller.

+1
    For chit's and giggles, pull the cone off and inspect your bearings. I have and know people that have had water in there.

I have an unbent stocker, but won't be able to get it to you by the weekend.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    For chit's and giggles, pull the cone off and inspect your bearings. I have and know people that have had water in there.

I have an unbent stocker, but won't be able to get it to you by the weekend.
    OK, it's not the impeller. I can take the whole pump assembly, hold it in my hands, and spin the prop and shaft and hear the sound (fluttering sound, not grinding). I no longer believe it's the prop. It's something in the intermediate housing where those two bearings are. I took the nose cone off and could see a COUPLE drops of water in there. I figured a tiny bit of water was normal. Guess not.

Went up to Surdyke Yamaha here at the lake a priced the bearings and seals. Didn't buy them. Have no idea how to replace all that shit.

I was thinking, pack the bearings and nose cone FULL of new grease, slap it all back together and see if it lasts through the weekend. I know it's not the right way to do it, but do you think it could at least get me through the week and weekend?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    OK, it's not the impeller. I can take the whole pump assembly, hold it in my hands, and spin the prop and shaft and hear the sound (fluttering sound, not grinding). I no longer believe it's the prop. It's something in the intermediate housing where those two bearings are. I took the nose cone off and could see a COUPLE drops of water in there. I figured a tiny bit of water was normal. Guess not.

Went up to Surdyke Yamaha here at the lake a priced the bearings and seals. Didn't buy them. Have no idea how to replace all that shit.

I was thinking, pack the bearings and nose cone FULL of new grease, slap it all back together and see if it lasts through the weekend. I know it's not the right way to do it, but do you think it could at least get me through the week and weekend?
    That should be under warranty -- mine was

Was the grease milky?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    That should be under warranty -- mine was

Was the grease milky?
    Yes, it had a yellowish milky color, still pretty solid, but I could see a few drops of water.

Called the dealer and made an appointment so they could date the work order for today. My warranty expires TOMORROW!

Packed that rear bearing and nose cone full of new grease and will see if it lasts through the weekend.

I think you've done what you can. Ride that biotch this weekend and hope she holds out.

Thread Information