Just want to ride.
    +1

Strange Bilge Question

Does the electic Rule bilge act as it's own one way check valve?

Reason I ask - on the siphon bilge there's a one way check valve, to prevent water from coming in the outlet and filling the ski with water. What about the electronic setup? If I take the hose off mine, I can blow through the rule bilge and feel air coming out underneath.

I'm chasing a water leak going on 4 months now, that only occurs in motion - not sitting in the water, not filled with water in my driveway, not even revving it on the trailer at the lake. Only when I run the ski across the lake a couple of times. I'm beating my head against the wall, and getting sick of 5200fc.......

So I'm looking at any entry to the hull, and can't help but notice the 2 bilge setups. Vacuum bilge check valve is fine, I checked it. When I check the electric, there's nothing stopping water from coming through the pump IN to the ski, as well as going out.

Is this right? Shouldn't there be a check valve, or is my bildge just f-d up, and this might be my problem?

Damn I'm tired of this.....

Thanks,
    Sean

There is no winter in Hawaii! tnerb's Avatar
    How is your bilge set up? I think my rule will allow water to enter, because when it stops the water in the hose drains back into the hull. If the outlet is not exposed to a large amount of water you won't have much come in. the siphon bilge outlet is under water so it needs a check valve, the electric bilge pumps out above the waterline so it should not need one. What ski? Is this a factory pump or after market? More information would be helpful in diagnosing your problem.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Hello Sean only the siphon bilge have the valve, The electric one does not the hose is way up so water does not get in. I have seen a couple ski's were the tie strap breaks and the hose falls low then water will get in the hull. Just make sure the hose is way up and you will be fine.

+1
    For the electric setup you basically have 2 options.
    1)route the discharge hose from the pump up to a high spot in the hull then down to go out of the ski (like an upside down "U").
    2)Run a check valve inline.

I have the upside down "U" in the gpr but use an inline check valve in the superjet because I can't get enough arc on the hose that I feel comfortable with it.

Just want to ride.
    +1
    Thanks for the replies guys...

I have the hose routed correctly on the side wall, zip tied above the midwall. It doesn't allow water into the hull when sitting - I just wondered if there was any chance that water pressure hit the exit in the pump tunnel under full throttle, and if there was a way the water could come back into the hull through this route.

I know, sounds crazy. Just trying to eliminate every possibility one by one as I try to find this frigging water gremlin.....

Sean

Thread Information