Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 69

Thread: Rxp vs rxpx

  1. #1
    MoTeC Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    643
    +1
    28

    Rxp vs rxpx

    Hi Guys
    Just after a bit of help
    Can someone give me a quick list on the differences between the 2 ski,s
    I see better intercooler and assume better supercharger or is it just better wheel inside.
    What about engine internals.
    I spose what I am after is can you, with a list of appropriate bolt on parts turn an RXP into an RXPX

    I had a bit of a search for this but must admit not too much.
    maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

    Many thanks

    Cheers



  2. #2
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTeC Pete View Post
    Hi Guys
    Just after a bit of help
    Can someone give me a quick list on the differences between the 2 ski,s
    I see better intercooler and assume better supercharger or is it just better wheel inside.
    What about engine internals.
    I spose what I am after is can you, with a list of appropriate bolt on parts turn an RXP into an RXPX

    I had a bit of a search for this but must admit not too much.
    maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

    Many thanks

    Cheers

    Hey mate as you said, the x has an external intercooler, bigger s/c that makes more boost, and bigger injectors, otherwise the engine internals are the same. The intake grate and prop is also different to improve hookup and holeshot, the x also has vts, and a finger throttle. Apart from that i think it mostly comes down to appearance of the skis.
    You could essentially make an rxp into an rxpx by changing these parts over. but this would cost more than the price difference between the 2 skis.. I have probably forgotten a few things, but im sure others will chime in..

  3. #3
    MoTeC Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    643
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Hey mate as you said, the x has an external intercooler, bigger s/c that makes more boost, and bigger injectors, otherwise the engine internals are the same. The intake grate and prop is also different to improve hookup and holeshot, the x also has vts, and a finger throttle. Apart from that i think it mostly comes down to appearance of the skis.
    You could essentially make an rxp into an rxpx by changing these parts over. but this would cost more than the price difference between the 2 skis.. I have probably forgotten a few things, but im sure others will chime in..
    Thats great, thanks for the quick responce.
    So, do you know is the actual compressor housing bigger on the X or can you upgrade your RXP to X with just a S/C impeller?

    The 07 RXP we have has VTS so I assume the rest of the dash operation would be the same?

    Does any one have the flow difference between the 2 injectors?

    Thanks again for the info

    Cheers


  4. #4
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTeC Pete View Post
    Thats great, thanks for the quick responce.
    So, do you know is the actual compressor housing bigger on the X or can you upgrade your RXP to X with just a S/C impeller?

    The 07 RXP we have has VTS so I assume the rest of the dash operation would be the same?

    Does any one have the flow difference between the 2 injectors?

    Thanks again for the info

    Cheers

    Dont hold me to this mate but im pretty sure the housings are bigger on the x chargers, they are not all that expensive to buy though. Alternatively you could just upgrade the rxp charger with a spacer and a similar boost impeller. The rxp injectors are 38lbs/hr whereas the x injectors are 42's.
    Not to sure about the dash operations though.

  5. #5
    txgp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas , Texas
    Posts
    3,381
    +1
    165
    The tunnel opening is bigger on the X , thats one reason you need a grate if you go faster.

  6. #6
    MoTeC Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    643
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by txgp1300r View Post
    The tunnel opening is bigger on the X , thats one reason you need a grate if you go faster.

    Ok, thanks
    You mean to stop the over stuff?
    What speed do you recommend we look at putting it in.
    I need it to be safe.

    Cheers


  7. #7
    RXPRacer513's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Huntersville, NC
    Posts
    234
    The over stuff never goes away.
    If you run faster than 78mph you are going into the danger zone on a rxpx.
    Most real fast rxps are using the skat pump with the rxp hull which has the smaller intake to avoid the overstuff

  8. #8
    MoTeC Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    643
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPRacer513 View Post
    The over stuff never goes away.
    If you run faster than 78mph you are going into the danger zone on a rxpx.
    Most real fast rxps are using the skat pump with the rxp hull which has the smaller intake to avoid the overstuff
    Ok Thanks
    We will keep away from that speed.

    Cheers


  9. #9
    R88ory RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    2,737
    +1
    46
    I would go with the PX, add a grate, riva charger upgrade and 50 injectors. Free flow exhaust and get the prop re-pitched. Oh and make a 4inc intake. You should see 75mph like that be very relible and safe. My 0.2 R88

  10. #10
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ft.Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,237
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTeC Pete View Post
    Ok Thanks
    We will keep away from that speed.

    Cheers

    With the proper pressure relief valves the overstuff is no problem at all.. I ride with the fastest RXP-X's around and they all are doing over 80 with the overstuff completely under control. JD1 has two running in the 88+ MPH range

    Pete, a guy with your skill and knowledge would rip right thru that little problem.

    Drag racing= RXP-X
    Top Speed= RXP

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 3 blade on RXP vs RXPX
    By pdxrealtor in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-11-2009, 08:47 PM
  2. rxp vs rxpx
    By braaapf7 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-01-2009, 01:03 AM
  3. Well it had to happen...... RXP vs. RXPx
    By Pirates81 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-04-2008, 11:37 AM
  4. Rxp vs Rxpx
    By eclipsecleaning in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-29-2008, 09:11 AM
  5. rxp vs rxpx pros and cons.
    By jamiej in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-08-2007, 02:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •