Towing behind boat

Hey Guys, I know I seen a thread on towing a Yamaha behind a boat and it detailed and had pics of what hose to block off and how to block it off either here or on pwc today, but I can't find it anywhere. Can someone point me to it.

According to the owner's manual on this site, it only says to go very slow. Otherwise, you can force water into the engine. I don't see the need to go any faster than slow because you won't have any steering on the ski if it's not running.

Install a TOW VALVE KIT

Where can you find an inexpensive tow valve kit and is there just some way to clip it off instead? I used to tow my waveraider all the time without one, but don't want to tempt fate now that I know you shouldn't do that.

And it actually straightens out once it planes up on the water at a higher speed, only walks back and forth at low speed, also you want to tie the rope higher up to pull the nose up a bit once it gets going.

Oh - and VERY important, make sure you have a float on the rope so it doesn't sink. Mine got sucked under my friend's 40 ft boat and chopped up in the prop. The worst part was the $10,000 it cost him to replace a bent shaft from the rope wrapping around it. And we were about 3 hours free diving to cut his props loose, in the dark. Good times!

Thread Information