99 XL1200 Waverunner RIDE PLATE REMOVAL

So I have been having some slipping or cavitation problems from my ski. It hesitates at ~11mph If I feather the gas it will eventually catch and take off like a rocket.

I was able to remove the grate but when trying to remove the middle plate and ride plate the bolts are slipping inside the hull. I tried attaching vice grips to the bolt on the inside of the hull but, I can not get them off. I know I will probaly have to reseal them.

How do I get them off???? What to reseal with????

Noticed gasket handing out between ride plate and jet. I think this is where the problem is. I read that I should just seal it up. Some 5200 product? What is that????

I think it is the felt packing that is hanging out. Would this cause that slipping????????????

cavitation

there are several things that can add up to cause cavitation. check the clearance between impeller and wear ring. may need a new prop. the felt can be removed and the area sealed with 4200 or 5200. recommend installing ppk and sealing.
    use a heat gun(safer than torch) to heat glue and fasteners holding rideplate. recommend upgrading to improved bolts and brackets to secure rideplate. this forum has pictures and directions to help. I own a 99xll. It is a heavy hull but when all the little improvements add up, the cavatation can be almost eliminated.

Thread Information