Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New to the PWC world...in Northern Illinois

Hello everyone!

I was not sure where to put this, so I figured that I would put it here.

I work with teens and one of the parents has been bugging me to go out on the river with him on his Yamaha waverunner, but I have always refused as I was worried about getting thrown into a floating log or something (Haha!)

4-5 days ago I gave in and with much hesitation, I got on the waverunner...now I am looking at getting my very own PWC so I can go when I want rather than waiting for him to want to go! I could not believe how much fun it was! It was a total blast, and I am so addicted.

I started searching at the local PWC stores and came across a Sea-Doo dealer that was very kind and went through all the different models that they had and I really fell in love with the RXP, did a search and found you all on the net.

So I don't have one yet, but I will be getting one by next summer. Thanks for all the information and the pictures...I can't wait to have my own to start working on. Dang, this is going to be a blast!

I am in the Northern Illinois area, so anyone around here (southern Wisconsin or Illinois) I would love to hear from you on good dealers and what not.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place...good to meet you all!

Jeffrey

I do not have a part in this company ,

Do yourself a favor go to Rock river marina!!

Re: I do not have a part in this company ,

Quote Originally Posted by sprchrgd89gt
    Do yourself a favor go to Rock river marina!!
    Where is that? Is that in Beloit Wisconsin or somewhere in Illinois?

Thanks for the info!

Not sure if I would recommend an RXP for your first ski. Nowhere to go but down from there! lol

Seriously, that is a whole lotta juice for a first PWC.

RXP is my first ski !

Stay off the river and go to lake koshong in janesville .

Quote Originally Posted by ashstott40
    Not sure if I would recommend an RXP for your first ski. Nowhere to go but down from there! lol

Seriously, that is a whole lotta juice for a first PWC.
    I agree with you, but there are two issues here that I am really thinking about...

1. I love getting out and waverunning with my friends, and thank God, he has two and always gives me one (whew!!), but no offense to my buddy, 56mph is just not doing it anymore (that is what I said when I started messing with my Mustang... ) I want something that goes faster, and that will really make me swallow my teeth.

2. With what I do for a living, money is not abundant, so I need to get a ski that is going to make me happy for a good, long time. I really have it narrowed down to the Yamaha FXho or the RXP/RXT (leaning towards the RXT as I work with youth and would want to take them out with me). I guess if I am going to spend this kind of money, it might as well be what I want rather than something that I just have.

So that is why I was leaning towards the RXP...been on the phone with RIVA alot, they are really nice people. Can't say enough about them and how kind they are with all my questions!

So what do you think?

+1
    Personally I wouldn't get the Yamaha, for a few reasons. First it has a hull made out of Sheet Moulded Compound (SMC) which is nearly impossible to repair if it gets damaged. Second, the engine Yammi uses was taked directly from their motorcycles. It runs at 10,000 rpm and has to use a reduction gear to bring the rpm down to a range (8K) that the jet pump is able to use efficiently. This high rpm is bound to shorten the engines life..it's a fact of physics! Third, it is SLOW !!

Get the RXT, it has the Yammi beat in every catagory except for fuel mileage.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by way2fast
    Personally I wouldn't get the Yamaha, for a few reasons. First it has a hull made out of Sheet Moulded Compound (SMC) which is nearly impossible to repair if it gets damaged. Second, the engine Yammi uses was taked directly from their motorcycles. It runs at 10,000 rpm and has to use a reduction gear to bring the rpm down to a range (8K) that the jet pump is able to use efficiently. This high rpm is bound to shorten the engines life..it's a fact of physics! Third, it is SLOW !!

Get the RXT, it has the Yammi beat in every catagory except for fuel mileage.

Richard
    Thanks Richard,

I have been looking for someone to give me the low down on which one to get. I was leaning towards the RXT, but now am pretty sure about it.

How about modifications? Are there alot for the RXT?

How is the customer service when working with Sea-Doo? Do they follow through?

Thanks again, I really appreciate it!

Jeffrey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information