Thread: oil ?

oil ?

What kinds of oils are you guys using in your Polaris skis. I have been using polaris oil but would like to find something a little cheaper. Any suggestions?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Topic has been covered a number of times.

Have you searched for TC-W3?

+1
    Without getting into a big pissing match about oils and their ratings, a very good oil that is pretty cheap is citgo sea and snow. It has ISO EGD and JASO FD ratings which are "better" so to speak than just plain old tcw-III rating. It is a semi synthetic blend and it cost right around $12 a gallon. Most gander mountain stores have it or some hardware stores. There are alot of guys running it in sleds with great results also.

I have not looked for the TC-W3 yet. But perhaps I will try to locate the Citgo oil as well. Lots cheaper than the Polaris stuff I have been using......Thanks for the info guys.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    One good quality oil option is Amsoil. I use the HP Injector product, since I have fuel injected Ficht engines with oil injection.

You can have it delivered, which is a big deal for people who don't have a good local source of quality 2-stroke oil.

There are a few Amsoil dealers among the GH membership

Quote Originally Posted by 1FASTXC View Post
    Without getting into a big pissing match about oils and their ratings, a very good oil that is pretty cheap is citgo sea and snow. It has ISO EGD and JASO FD ratings which are "better" so to speak than just plain old tcw-III rating. It is a semi synthetic blend and it cost right around $12 a gallon. Most gander mountain stores have it or some hardware stores. There are alot of guys running it in sleds with great results also.
    IMO, it is a VERY under-rated oil...It's all I've used for the last few years, in my skis and sleds. I don't know why more don't use it...I bet if they charged $25/gal and put it in fancy packaging, more would buy it...its so cheaply priced, I think it scares some away.

TCW3 oil is for outboards, not skis. You'll end up with ring sticking deposits if you use TCW3 and run your ski hard. I've seen it more than once.

Thread Information