Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Great Lakes RXP/RXT riders!!!!! witch ski?

I boat on lake Erie and have decided to sell the sportster 150 to my brother and buy a ski. Cant make up my mind on either the RXP or RXT. For the people that have been there and done it think im better off with an RXT? Not looking for a people hauler, all i care about it going fast.

I like my rxp on lake st clair. It gives me the ability to jump the waves then just plowing through them... u got to remember im 18 and like to jump waves. I think if you are going cruising its more fun to have the rxt. But for summer fun just jumping and getting wet the rxp is the way to go.

+1
    i mostly ride in longpoint bay witch has the same condition as st clair. i like jumpin and playin around just dont plan on towing or driving people around. Im alway going from one side of the bay to the other to friends cottages. How do you like the rxp when your cruzing extended periods of time when it gets ruff out.

+1
    I've been in Lake St Clair also, but to address your topic, I've also been on Lake Erie... There are days I wish I had an RXT because their is a little too much chop, but for the most part, I think my RXP does me well...I've heard the RXP is also more maneuverable.

BTW, glad to hear your getting a ski.

i have a rxp and for rough water the rxp likes to skip a little bit i would think the rxt would do better in rough water than the rxp but the rxp is soo fun for going fast.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tempest.runner View Post
    I've been in Lake St Clair also, but to address your topic, I've also been on Lake Erie... There are days I wish I had an RXT because their is a little too much chop, but for the most part, I think my RXP does me well...I've heard the RXP is also more maneuverable.

BTW, glad to hear your getting a ski.
    kool im leaning for the P but this past weekend my neigbours friend had his rxt & rxt-x out on the lake and i got to ride them around all day, so now im thinking the T might be a good choice but they do feel BIG to me, OH and lets just say the addiction it there I had a blast chasing down the guys in the big speed boats

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by trespasser_101 View Post
    i have a rxp and for rough water the rxp likes to skip a little bit i would think the rxt would do better in rough water than the rxp but the rxp is soo fun for going fast.

ya im sure the T would be better but just cant decide if its worth the extra length/weight for a better ride.

+1
    When are you looking at buying? Winter has the best deals usually, however since the economy is so slow... I've seen some really amazing deals right now... Dealer down the road from the lake I was on this weekend said all new purchases come with a 3yr warranty now and the price wasn't much different from when I bought mine in the winter!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tempest.runner View Post
    When are you looking at buying? Winter has the best deals usually, however since the economy is so slow... I've seen some really amazing deals right now... Dealer down the road from the lake I was on this weekend said all new purchases come with a 3yr warranty now and the price wasn't much different from when I bought mine in the winter!
    I want one NOW, But i think im going to wait till end of this season befor i buy but if i find a steal i want to have my mind made up on what i want, skis/boat are always cheaper in the off seasons. All i know is that ill have a ski next season. I think its best to save some money up so i can maybe buy new, used now or new next season. I dont lease or finances, Ill be buying with cash so longer i hold out the nice the ski i can buy but its not going to be an easy wait but in the long term itll be better.

i think the rxp handles much better, much more playful. Cruising on extended trips on the rxt will not wear you out as much. But you are not going to have the playfulness. I think the rxp is a much more fun ski.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information