Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    If your not doing something, its hard to screw up. stlouisramsfan's Avatar

problem with 99 XLL

Ok, I was doing some speed runs trying to see where I was at, hit 65.3 with the rpms @ 7330... It bogged and died, started and died... Pulled the seat and there was the culprit, exaust bracket that holds the rubber boot onto the stinger was off and water was leaking into the hull, not a ton but I was in a slight turn headed into a cove... I am guessing I sucked some water in the carbs... Made it back kinda partial throttle still was bogging, just checked compression, 120 across the board (thank goodness) what do I need to do from here?
    Thanks in advance
    Chris

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Hello Chris are you talking about the big rubber boot on top next to the head. If yes you are building a lot of water pressure and causing the boot to slip out, That is also common with people using the turbo tube. One way to cure it is put Ts on the hoses look at my wife's build and you will see how i did it. Do not start the ski without putting oil down the spark plug holes first because when that hose pops off water goes to carbs. right away and you will seize a engine right up or score a cylinder.

Thanks Jim for the quick response, so I want to T off the hose on the #2 and #3 cyl from the head and install 2 pissers to relieve the pressure? Also on the oil, I was thinking a tablespoon of 2 stroke oil down each spark plug opening, sound ok?

Dam sorry to hear that, i was going to tee the #3 head to #2 for cooling glad i had jim put #3 out a pisser great speeds on that 3 seater though the faster you go the more stuff breaks you are turning good rpms in this heat.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by stlouisramsfan View Post
    Thanks Jim for the quick response, so I want to T off the hose on the #2 and #3 cyl from the head and install 2 pissers to relieve the pressure? Also on the oil, I was thinking a tablespoon of 2 stroke oil down each spark plug opening, sound ok?
    If you have the stock head T off the 2 hoses coming out of the head and put 2 through hull fittings, If you have the 3 piece heads just run the number 3 straight out to a through hull fitting.
    On the oil i would put 1 ounce down each spark plug opening make sure the piston is down when you put the oil.
    If you do not want the through hull fittings showing you can put them next to the stock ones.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1382.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	440.7 KB 
ID:	139692  

Sounds great, thanks for the pic, I appreciate your help... I have the stuff, just 2 hours away in my garage... Oh well seams like an ez fix I will do the oil in the cyl this morning would I be ok putting it on the water and just not wot runs? I would like to make sure she is running right before taking it home for the pisser installs...

That picture is my ski i wanted to be stock looking from the outside i still got the rooster tail allthough i am going to put a valve in the hose to be able to turn it off. you said your compression was 120 i thought you had your head shaved shouldnt it be 150 ish. hope you get if going for the weekend. Ron

If you have the 3 piece heads just run the number 3 straight out to a through hull fitting.

Where do you get the through hull fittings?

I got mine from riva or carl, I would think jerry has them in the online store too...
    All went well this morning, did as jim advised and she ran like I love... So I will baby it this weekend and add the pissers before the next ride

the actual numbers will vary from gauge to gauge, this is just a cheap one, I just wanted top make sure they were even... Its milled for 140, if I get rid of the center layer on the head gasket it would 150, not looking for that yet...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information