Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flipped ski twice and then running sluggish!!!

When I was out today my ski flipped twice, then it ran fine for about 60 seconds and then it started to run sluggish. I flipped it over to see if it had something in the impeller or stuck on the grate but nothing then I flipped it back and drained it. It did have quite a bit of water in it but when it finished draining I ran it again and it was sluggish still. So I held it at wot and it was getting about 4k rpms but I held it there and it slowly got up to 8k rpms and after that everything seemed fine but I only ran it for about 5 more minutes. Has something like this happened to anyone else?

+1

Mods?

Do you still have teh stock air box in the ski? Sounds like you injested water. Pull the dip stick and see what the oil looks like

+1
    It gulped some water and started drying out after running it a few minutes. You need to run it some more to be sure its totaly dried out. Your lucky it didd'nt hydro lock. If this ever happens again you should pull the spark plugs and super charger to throttle body hose off and crank the engine while holding the throttle wide open to get the water out before starting it.

if you do indeed have water in the oil then you have to change the oil and filter, then boil out the rest of the water. was is salt water or fresh water?

+1
    Better hope you dident bend a rod.. Youll find out soon if you did

I have a stage one so I no longer have the stock airbox and luckily it was fresh water. I will check the oil today. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 07UFRXP View Post
    When I was out today my ski flipped twice, then it ran fine for about 60 seconds and then it started to run sluggish. I flipped it over to see if it had something in the impeller or stuck on the grate but nothing then I flipped it back and drained it. It did have quite a bit of water in it but when it finished draining I ran it again and it was sluggish still. So I held it at wot and it was getting about 4k rpms but I held it there and it slowly got up to 8k rpms and after that everything seemed fine but I only ran it for about 5 more minutes. Has something like this happened to anyone else?
    You flipped it over to see if there was something in the impeller ....It's like stabbing your ski to make sure it's dead I give up !

Yea well thats what I get for letting my brother borrow my ski. He was the one that flipped it and then I was stupid enough to listen to him when he told me to flip it over and check to see if something was stuck in the intake grate. He told me that when his ski acts like that it is usually pine needles.

+1
    Rule #1 never let anyone borrow your ski

Is it possible that it didn't take in water and it was just the TOPS sensor? I would feel much better if that was all it was.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information