'09 FX HO Cruiser vs '06

Almost mid way through the 10 first service on our new '09 FX HO Cruisers..

First impression.. These are so much quicker than the '06. '06 had a more linear power band - steady pull from low to top. '09 really has a definitive curve power band.

Gas mileage.. off hand I would say '09 would drop maybe %15 percent approximate difference.

Hull is definitely a change - depending on what you want that could be good or bad. '06 did not turn/handle as well as the new '09. '09 seems to cut through chop a whole lot more than the '06. Hence the '09 doesn't seem to get as much "air" if you like to jump a little - the '06 seemed to ride on "top" a little more. I like to cruise so the '09 is much better for that. My wife misses the easier air time of the '06.

The '09 is much louder - even at idle. Lot more noise from exhaust.

No Wake is really cool. Use it all the time. Cruise control (assist) is ok. Will use it on long runs but could live without it. If it is choppy it is a bit of a pain to set.

Now the kicker... What was Yamaha thinking? The right side instrument panel is blank?! two buttons and lcd screen are blanked out. There were some cool readouts we really miss watching. Not sure which year they discontinued those functions but sure miss them on the '09.

I have the same ski and love it. I still can not get the speedo to read in mph. I have tried what the manual says are there any tricks or help you can provide.

Humm... not that I know of. I have switched many times without any problems.. just got to hold it pushed in for a bit...

My speedo reads in Kilometers Per Hour not mph. Do you know what I mean. I want to switch to mph and not KPH

Humm now that you mention it.. My needle switches easily between both kph and mph but I haven't really looked at the digital read-out - never paid much attention to it. Will check tomorrow when we go out and let you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Bits&Bytes View Post
    Humm now that you mention it.. My needle switches easily between both kph and mph but I haven't really looked at the digital read-out - never paid much attention to it. Will check tomorrow when we go out and let you know...

Thanks keep me posted

I have no problem getting my digital readout in MPH. The trick is that once the panel comes up you only have 10 seconds to push the volt button to switch form KPH to MPH - after that the button works as a volt meter / hours readout...

everyone sell me their fx engines and or parts. just kidding getting my 20 or so required posts in so i can try to find some used riva velocity stacks for a fx ho.

Thread Information