Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: RXP-X Mods

RXP-X Mods

hey folks thought I would share my findings with some mods I have done on my rxp-x.

[email protected] 1/3 tank---Stock
    [email protected] 1/3 tank---4" intake,X model A Kit impeller
    [email protected] 1/3 tank---skat trak 3 blade prop 14-18
    [email protected] 1/3 tank--- back to stock prop, filled rideplate holes, reverse bucket mod
    [email protected] 1/2 tank---worx intake grate

All these are done sitting up, I could get a bit faster doing the superman thing but because I want to keep it as constant as possible I stayed with the sitting speeds. Needless to say I am happy so far but honestly thought I might have got closer to 75mph.

I have sent my three blade prop away to get it repitched to see if I can get it up in speed a bit and off the limiter. It just has so much pull from down low. I am thinking of getting another four blade prop to go for some more top end, any recommendations?

It is currently winter here(though not what many of you call winter). Only getting to around the 70deg mark but in summer gets to 110-120deg. always humid 70% in winter and 90%+ in summer. How will this effect my revs when it warms up?

I went out today after doing some mods to my air intake using a similiar setup to some that I have seen on here in older posts. By using the storage bucket and top lid to direct cool air straight to the filter on my 4" intake I gained another 40 rpm and .4mph which took me up to [email protected].

The revs were going between 8120 and touching 8140 every now and then but more on the 8120 side. Is this starting to get too high where the ecu will start to pull fuel and timing or is this around the rev range that I should be going for?

Any opinions would be great

You want to make sure and record air, water temps and humidity if possible. The 40 rpm gain you got from the air mod could have simply been a change in weather??

What pitch is your 3 blade? Do you have adjustable nozzle / ring set?

With the air intake, intake grate, and tweaked stock prop you can get around 74-75 depending on the weather... so I've read.

Curious to see what happens with your 3 blade...

+1
    Timing and fuel pull backs start around 8040 RPM,

Quote Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
    You want to make sure and record air, water temps and humidity if possible. The 40 rpm gain you got from the air mod could have simply been a change in weather??

What pitch is your 3 blade? Do you have adjustable nozzle / ring set?

With the air intake, intake grate, and tweaked stock prop you can get around 74-75 depending on the weather... so I've read.

Curious to see what happens with your 3 blade...

Thanks pdxrealtor, air temps were only a couple of degrees diff but humidity and water were same but come to think of it there was less wind so i guess that would make the difference although it wasn't much difference in wind either.

I am quickly learning these are much different to get to go quick as I also drag race motorbikes and cars and find it much easier to get more speed with them. But these skis are great fun and I am hooked and it sure beats standing around in a race suit in 120 deg weather.

my three blade is 14-18 outa the box at the moment but getting it bent to 14-20 cause when I tried it out the box it just smashed the limiter constantly. Hopefully this will get the revs down so it can make the power range.

No I don't have adjustable nozzle yet and the four blade in it while I wait for my three blade to come back is just the stock one (no tweaks).

Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    WOW that low, thanks sundance.
    From what I had read on here I thought it was more up around the 8160 mark and then really shuts down at 8200(limiter).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post

Please point me to some documentation that says this.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    Please point me to some documentation that says this.

Thanks!
    Try a search,...I'm pretty sure the 255 X motors were tuned for max power at 8000rpm whereas the sweet spot for the 215's were 8100rpm.

Cheers

Chris.

I spoke with they guys that are repitching my three blade for me today and they tell me my 14-18 was closer to a 14-16 and this is why I was smashing the rev limiter with it so going to put it to the 14-18 as it should be according to the box and try it before going to wild with the pitch on it. Hope to have it back in by the weekend and give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by CHANDY View Post
    I spoke with they guys that are repitching my three blade for me today and they tell me my 14-18 was closer to a 14-16 and this is why I was smashing the rev limiter with it so going to put it to the 14-18 as it should be according to the box and try it before going to wild with the pitch on it. Hope to have it back in by the weekend and give it a try.

Who's doing your prop work?

Keep us posted on what the 14/20 does for you..... I'm curious..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information