Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Oil in SC and just rebuilt!?

I have an X charger, put about 40 hours on it last year, put an ET wheel spacer on it, but noticed there was some oil in the IC, so I sent it to Jerry for a rebuild. Ran it for about 3 hours and noticed oil in the SC air intake and in the IC hoses ... ??? I had blocked off the oil hole way back, so why the oil leak both before and after the rebuild.

What gives? Did BRP change the oil seal when they came out with the X charger and the new style shaft/rebuild kits?? I almost never heard of oil in the IC tubes until the past year or two ... we almost never had this issue with the old style chargers and kits ... input anybody?? Why is this going on and is there a way to resolve it?? Are the new oils shitty or what?

+1
    Vern, i have been noticing this more and more lately on the big boost superchargers. The front seal has not been changed from what I can see. The only thing i can think of is these big boost chargers create vacuum behind the impeller and siphon oil through the seal.

I had the same thing happening to my p-x... I installed a free flow kit on it yesterday and I notice oil in my IC... should I be concern??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Vern, i have been noticing this more and more lately on the big boost superchargers. The front seal has not been changed from what I can see. The only thing i can think of is these big boost chargers create vacuum behind the impeller and siphon oil through the seal.
    Shucks, I was afraid of that ... I know I am losing performance with running oil thru the IC and don't really know how to stop it. I imagine quite a few people have oil going thru their ICs and don't know it. It sounds like there is no real solution? I just wonder of the long term impact ... I guess if it is not a lot of oil, probably no big deal ...

I had an X charger with an ET137 wheel and the oil hole plug seal and I dont have an oil residue on the discharge side, I ran it for 12 hours, maybe there is some bad batch of oil seal, I would try to change it again not everyone are having the same problem. Did buy this X charger recently?

+1
    I bought the charger last year and ran it all summer (about 40 hours), plugged the second oil hole before I ran it. Still found oil in the IC at end of season. Jerry rebuilt it, still oil in the IC ... so it has done it as a stock X charger and again after rebuild ... so I dunno? I do wish I could correct it but it has done it with two different oil seals, so not sure ...

Vern,

I bought mine X- charger at the beginning of this year maybe they have change the oil seal from this year and up, ask Jerry if the rebuild kit was from last year or ask him if the new X-charger from this year are the same seal? Are you using rear air intake or front air intake?

+1
    I have a similar problem but with oil on the intake side of the charger. This is with an 4" intake and a catch can installed. It was like that last year and went I took it off this year the same. Its a small little puddle in the 90 right before the charger. I was just curious of why its there.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    +1, I was having the same problem and Duke did a full rebuild on my SC including all seals..So far so good, no oil!!

X-charger

I am having a similar issue...

Recently rebuit X-charger w/ oil block..

Pulled off the Riva rear air tube and see oil residue on the 4 inch adapter and a film on the bottom of the intake tube..Not enough to be concerned about oil loss, but enough to wonder what the hell is going on...

I guess I am not the only one..

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information