Question 2005 F12X Has Vibration over 4k rpm?

I have had this F12X for over 3 years, and to date it has 165 hours on it. Stock with the exception of a Jim's Alpha kit on it. There is a bad vibration somewhere in the drive train past the crank, and I can't figure this one out...I removed the pump, and slid the drive shaft back to clear the rubber dampner, and when cranked, the vibration is gone. I took my pump apart, and totally went through it, and even replaced all the bearings and seals just to make sure because of the hours on it. Put it back together, and the vibration is still there at about 3-4k rpm. You can feel it in the handle bars, and in the foot wells when riding, and gets worse with more throttle. The prop looks fine, with the exception of when you spin the prop by hand after removing the pump assembly, the tip of the front of the prop has a very slight 'oblong' rotating motion, but very slight almost non-existant. I had another prop from a F12 which is like new, and hand installed it, and tightened it to about 50lbs, and getting the same exact motion as the turbo prop... that slight oblong, wobbling at the tip of the prop. Is there a chance that the pump shaft could have somehow gotten bent?? To the eye, it looks totally straight, but that usually isnt something the eye can detect. I am at a loss here, and would really appreciate any imput on this.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by water_junkie View Post
    I have had this F12X for over 3 years, and to date it has 165 hours on it. Stock with the exception of a Jim's Alpha kit on it. There is a bad vibration somewhere in the drive train past the crank, and I can't figure this one out...I removed the pump, and slid the drive shaft back to clear the rubber dampner, and when cranked, the vibration is gone. I took my pump apart, and totally went through it, and even replaced all the bearings and seals just to make sure because of the hours on it. Put it back together, and the vibration is still there at about 3-4k rpm. You can feel it in the handle bars, and in the foot wells when riding, and gets worse with more throttle. The prop looks fine, with the exception of when you spin the prop by hand after removing the pump assembly, the tip of the front of the prop has a very slight 'oblong' rotating motion, but very slight almost non-existant. I had another prop from a F12 which is like new, and hand installed it, and tightened it to about 50lbs, and getting the same exact motion as the turbo prop... that slight oblong, wobbling at the tip of the prop. Is there a chance that the pump shaft could have somehow gotten bent?? To the eye, it looks totally straight, but that usually isnt something the eye can detect. I am at a loss here, and would really appreciate any imput on this.
    Only way to know for sure is to check runout.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by water_junkie View Post

Through the hull bearing? Broken or loose motor mount? engine to jetpump alignment not correct?

Thread Information