Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I snapped!!

I snapped!!

Well,
    I trust the oakley name , and have used a variety of thier products from sunglasses to watches, i even own about three pairs of sandles.
    But when some one posted the water jackets i instantly went to the website to get the low-down. Man 195$ and up!! I could set my Rxp up with a new intake grate and power filter for that kinda cheese! To make a long story short i decided to take trip to one of those so called (outlet malls) in Aurora illinois, outside chicago. In fact it is an outlet and i got a pair of water jackets for $89 buk's!!! No scratches, in the box I'll let you guy's know how they perform on open water ( lake michigan. They even came with a type of water repelent liquid you treat the lenses with!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc03128_202.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	424   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc03127_198.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	425   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc03129_157.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	426  

+1
    Even $89 is a lot of $$ to spend on glasses. One good spill and bye bye glasses, neck strap or not !

Richard

My only remark to that is "my eye's are worth a hell of alot more than $89 buck's"!! Maybe other's don't feel the same,that's why there is always WALMART.

+1
    Hey, I resent the Walmart remark. I get all my riding glasses from Wally World . They have some that look a lot like those Oakleys. Not the same quality I know, but at two three sets per riding season, I'll take the $9 pair every time.

+1
    Most of us that's had their eyes done (Lasik, RK, PRK, etc) will spend the bucks for a really nice pair of shades. I own several pairs of Oakleys and Maui Jim. Having good eyesight and crisp vision with good quailty sunglasses is worth evey penny. BTW, I wear goggles straped around my acorn when riding. Haven't lost a set yet.

I can take you just outside the mouth of the Huron river and show you EXACTLY where ONE of my pair of Oakley's are
    I think they should make them put a little bit of STEEL in the rims,so you can use a MAGNET to retrieve the ones that go away in DEEP water

+1
    Sure your eyes are worth more than $89. but those style glasses WILL NOT protect your eyes in a nasty spill ! The "designer name" is what you are paying for, not eye protection. A good set of snug fitting goggles will give better eye protection at 1/4 the cost. I once pulled a friend out of the water after he was thrown out of his boat at around 70mph. He was wearing those style glasses. He was bleeding from his eyes. His eye lids had peeled back and practically turned inside out from hitting the water ! He was lucky not to have lost his vision.

Any pair of Safety Glasses that meet ANSI Z87.1-2003 specs will protect your eyes from bugs, etc while riding at least as good and probably better than the Oakleys. Body Glove makes a set to those specifications with polycarbonate lens and frame, that block 100% of the UVA and UVB radiation at a fractionof the cost of the designer name brands. AND they Float !!

Richard

I have worn oakley's for the last 10 to 15 years , and they have more than earned their price protecting my eye's ! And i will continue to pay their outragous price because i have seen the protection they offer first hand. YOU CANT TAKE IT WITH YOU!

+1
    I wish Maui Jim made some sort of sport/goggle PWC not retarded looking eyewear. My wife laughs at me when I go out riding, and I chuckle myself...and I'm only wearing the shoes and gloves right now. Just wait when the wetsuit comes out, the tennis elbow strap, goggles, should get a camelback water unit and helmet cam...oh, and a pocket protector for my ROCX and AWA card.

Seriously, I would like some eyewear that will stay on with the water and wind without fogging. It doesn't matter what you wear when you crash...somethings going to give.

I am NEVER outside, even on a cloudy day, without sunglasses. My eyes simply cannot take it. I always have one pair of high quality glasses in my possession, but I never ride with them. I lost one pair, and that was enough for me.

Of the good glasses, I found Oakley to be the worst of the bunch. The styling is great, but the materials and lenses are CHEAP. My favorite pair I have ever owned (and I've had 3 pairs) are Revos. I about cried when I broke my last pair. My current ones are Arnette wraps, and I have had them for about 3 years. I love em. Especially since they are the "cheapest" of the "good glasses" I have owned at $100.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information