Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Rear air filters ...

For people that are running Riva rear air setups, make sure you change the filter at least annually ... they get dirty and airflow suffers. I changed mine again and did a little checking ... hate to say it, but they very easily allow water thru ... even just a small stream of tap water goes right thru the Flow-Rite material. I realized that with the full suction of the SC any water on the filter will go right through ... so I did a little experimenting with flow and decided to replace the flow-rite filter with screen material like others have. The flow is way better (have not been able to test for rpms yet) and there really is no difference in water repelling.

Just my .02 ... I know others have had good rpm increases from doing the same swap I did, but can't remember how much ...

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    For people that are running Riva rear air setups, make sure you change the filter at least annually ... they get dirty and airflow suffers. I changed mine again and did a little checking ... hate to say it, but they very easily allow water thru ... even just a small stream of tap water goes right thru the Flow-Rite material. I realized that with the full suction of the SC any water on the filter will go right through ... so I did a little experimenting with flow and decided to replace the flow-rite filter with screen material like others have. The flow is way better (have not been able to test for rpms yet) and there really is no difference in water repelling.

Just my .02 ... I know others have had good rpm increases from doing the same swap I did, but can't remember how much ...
    I found that screen is good for nothing but hurting your performance.. I don't run any screen and it's good for about 80 RPM's over that red screen.. Truth be known no material with amount of CFM's pulled by our SC's is going to stop water..

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post

I have two filter so I change it every 6 month, I do wash the filter/mesh. They are cleanable. I ride in salt water so I do take the seat support and sprey a little fogging fluid through the air intake plastic tube while the motor is running that way it will keep my SC supercharger intake and wheel clean out of salt corruption.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    I found that screen is good for nothing but hurting your performance.. I don't run any screen and it's good for about 80 RPM's over that red screen.. Truth be known no material with amount of CFM's pulled by our SC's is going to stop water..
    Totally true ...

+1
    what material are you guys replacing it with? I know Danny did a flow comparison with some type of screen instead of the riva mesh but i can't find the thread. I have a riva rear air as well and would like to address this. Thanks.

+1
    I just use a piece of window screeen on mine. Works fine and is about .5PSI increase over red fabric filter

FILTER

i keep something over the opening when transporting ski and while in storage. i run nothing on the opening when the ski is in use.

REMEMBER THESE SKI'S DONT HAVE A FILTER STOCK.
    FWIW: I think it made about 50rpm difference.

+1
    Vern, I just did a back to back to test - with and without riva filter in the rear air. In 90 degree temps there was 100 rpm gain and .6 psi boost increase, nice gain.
    Of course my gains are probably going to be better than most because my flo-rite material was clogged up with dead bugs and dirt from trailering the ski.

+1
    Doug, 100 rpms and half lb boost sounds good to me!

I went to the local hardware store and got some fiberglass screen stuff ... very strong and flows great, way better than even a new flow-rite filter.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Dam. That much of a gain. I may put my little window screen back on mine. I got ahold of some industrial paint strainer screen. Looks kinda like the riva screen but the holes are a good bit bigger. Hmmm.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information