Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: hi need help

hi need help

i recently bought a 98 seadoo gs it has a 720 motor did a compression test and got 150 even in both cylinders, motor has just being serviced and has a new nujet performance impeller . looking to do more mods what else is possible to do, motor swap,porting , exhaust ? any help or advice would be appreciated thanks guys

you can do countless things, twin pipes, put a 951 in there if you really want to get crazy, But the main ones are port/polish, bigbore, aftermarket head, carbs, you already have the impeller. Really what it comes down to is how you want to ride? Do you like to do a lot of cutting and holeshots, or do you want something that goes fast?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    a Factory Pipe really wakes up the 720. or a Group K set up. Id stay away from carbs unless your into tuning more than riding. prop, intake grate and nozzles are easy mods. a mild porting would help.

Quote Originally Posted by explude View Post
    you can do countless things, twin pipes, put a 951 in there if you really want to get crazy, But the main ones are port/polish, bigbore, aftermarket head, carbs, you already have the impeller. Really what it comes down to is how you want to ride? Do you like to do a lot of cutting and holeshots, or do you want something that goes fast?
    cutting??? um i like acceleration,top speed and jumping waves,lol and would like it too handle good on turns , i guess i want all around balanced performance.

is there any websites to buy these things at? my next purchase is gonna be intake grate.

+1
    you can look in the classified section for your Doo or you can go to...

http://www.rd-performance.com/

http://www.factorypipe.com/

http://www.prok.com/

http://www.skat-trak.com/

or you can look in the links tab on the left side of the page.

This guy is selling a Brand New 720 Factory Pipe with water Injection and the entire works for $350 + shipping I think (that's 1/2 price).

That is the biggest Bang for the buck you'll ever get out of a 720 unless you go full Mod. Porting.
    But if you do that, you probably already have an FPP anyway. Mods. are a progressive thing...

But you have to rejet your Carbs. anyway so I guess you have to figure how much Performance you want vs. how much maintenance time you have to get the most out of it. if you start with a reliable / good condition ski / engine, really, there isn't too much real maintenace after you have it dialed in.

I would start with a rejetted set of '99 SPX Pumper (Accelerator Pump) Carbs. with PROK Flame Arresters and maybe a slight bump on the compression to push that new Prop of yours.

Gee, I just happen to have a newly rebuilt set of '99 SPX Pumper Carbs. and set of PROK's ?!? Imagine that

David
    e-Mail: [email protected] if interested...

Quote Originally Posted by explude View Post

Twins pipes on a 720 ?
    What you smok'in brother ?

+1
    Id like to see that but i think he was talking about a 951

Quote Originally Posted by David_HX_RXP View Post
    Twins pipes on a 720 ?
    What you smok'in brother ?
    ????? well if i do exhaust , do i need to retune my carbs? sorry guys, if this were a car i would know exactly what to do....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information