Fernandina Beach

just bought an 07 RXT

Finally got my very first ski. Pretty much every vacation I go on, I rent some sort of ski and now I finally own my own!

I got the used RXT and just want any advice for riding and caring for it. (flushing, oil changing, all the other maintenance ill need to do). I'll be riding both salt and fresh waters. It's only 2 years old and I want it to last for a while!

Catawba Island, Ohio
    Congrats on your purchase. The first thing that you need to do is get the ceraminc SC washers out of it and get the metal ones installed. If the ceramic washers fail and you have no warranty, you could have a very large repair bill. What king of rpms are you seeing? GPS spped should be 64-66 mph, assuming that it's stock... Ron

Mount Holly, NC
    Washers should be your main concern.Just wash it thoroughly after salt water rides and soak the engine down with crc or wd40 afterwards and then keep the seat vented .Oh and keep up on oil changes.

Central Florida
    Ron is right, get rid of those washers and make sure your local mechanic is qualified to work on it, some of these guys cause more problems than they fix. Is it still under an extended warranty from Sea-Doo? If not, then personally, I would dump it and go get one with a warranty, but that's just me...

South Eastern PA (Pennsylvania)
    Congrats on the new ski and welcome to the forum!
    Switch out your ceramic washers to metal ones, get the oil changed, and change to ceramic SC bearings while you already have the SC out of the ski.
    I shipped my SC to Jerry and had him change out my washers and bearings when I first got my 07 RXP, and I've never had a problem since!

Good Luck

Thread Information