Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    thomase87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green
    Posts
    149

    where can i find these screws?!!!!

    So I was in the process of rejetting my carbs yesterday and on the last one i stripped out the head on the screws that go into the valve assembly (the kidney shaped piece). so i took one of the screws out on the other carb to go and try to maych it up today but i can't find anywhere that has them. Its a M4 X 14 I believe but the ones i come across are either not the right thread pitch, too long, or too short. Should i just go ahead and call Mikuni to order some or what?

    Thanks


  2. #2
    JonnyB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Round Rock, Tx
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by tamous View Post
    So I was in the process of rejetting my carbs yesterday and on the last one i stripped out the head on the screws that go into the valve assembly (the kidney shaped piece). so i took one of the screws out on the other carb to go and try to maych it up today but i can't find anywhere that has them. Its a M4 X 14 I believe but the ones i come across are either not the right thread pitch, too long, or too short. Should i just go ahead and call Mikuni to order some or what?

    Thanks
    yepp those strip call up John at JSS http://www.jetskisolutions.com/p64_s...ikuni_sbn.html

  3. #3
    thomase87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyB View Post
    yepp those strip call up John at JSS http://www.jetskisolutions.com/p64_s...ikuni_sbn.html
    Okay cool.... Thanks for the help!!!

  4. #4
    Dave Sharp dav_dman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    louisville Ky/so. IN
    Posts
    1,453
    +1
    1
    thomas if you want to get on the water this weekend i think i have a few of those. it's a long drive for a few screws....unless you need 'em.

    Dave

  5. #5
    thomase87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by dav_dman View Post
    thomas if you want to get on the water this weekend i think i have a few of those. it's a long drive for a few screws....unless you need 'em.

    Dave
    thanks dave, but i take that back, Lowe's ended up having them which i was surprised because diamond screw didnt even have them. so i went ahead and replaced all of them in each carb with the stainless steel ones that i bought. Getting it put back together today and out on the water to test it out on the 4th...when are you going riding up in louisville dave?

  6. #6
    pilo704's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    dirty jerzz
    Posts
    830
    dood you should get your self an impact driver, you can pull out the carb bolts with out stripping the heads off them and also tighten them up alot nicer then you could with a screw driver

  7. #7
    JonnyB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Round Rock, Tx
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by tamous View Post
    thanks dave, but i take that back, Lowe's ended up having them which i was surprised because diamond screw didnt even have them. so i went ahead and replaced all of them in each carb with the stainless steel ones that i bought. Getting it put back together today and out on the water to test it out on the 4th...when are you going riding up in louisville dave?

    Glad you found some. I was surprised when you couldn't find them local. FYI if you have an ACE they have a good SS bolt selection.

  8. #8
    thomase87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyB View Post
    Glad you found some. I was surprised when you couldn't find them local. FYI if you have an ACE they have a good SS bolt selection.
    yea i figured ACE would have them but they didnt...everything they had was either too long or too short...thats why i was surprised to find them at Lowe's

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Where can I find/get these?
    By 32DegH2O in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 07:16 PM
  2. where can I find these carb screws
    By sea~smith in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-12-2007, 06:34 AM
  3. Where can i find this part
    By DeeGee in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-03-2006, 02:55 PM
  4. Where can I get these parts?
    By croskel in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2006, 11:22 AM
  5. where can i buy these washers
    By bobscott in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-24-2006, 12:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •