where can i find these screws?!!!!

So I was in the process of rejetting my carbs yesterday and on the last one i stripped out the head on the screws that go into the valve assembly (the kidney shaped piece). so i took one of the screws out on the other carb to go and try to maych it up today but i can't find anywhere that has them. Its a M4 X 14 I believe but the ones i come across are either not the right thread pitch, too long, or too short. Should i just go ahead and call Mikuni to order some or what?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tamous View Post
    So I was in the process of rejetting my carbs yesterday and on the last one i stripped out the head on the screws that go into the valve assembly (the kidney shaped piece). so i took one of the screws out on the other carb to go and try to maych it up today but i can't find anywhere that has them. Its a M4 X 14 I believe but the ones i come across are either not the right thread pitch, too long, or too short. Should i just go ahead and call Mikuni to order some or what?

Thanks
    yepp those strip call up John at JSS http://www.jetskisolutions.com/p64_s...ikuni_sbn.html

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyB View Post
    yepp those strip call up John at JSS http://www.jetskisolutions.com/p64_s...ikuni_sbn.html
    Okay cool.... Thanks for the help!!!

+1
    thomas if you want to get on the water this weekend i think i have a few of those. it's a long drive for a few screws....unless you need 'em.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dav_dman View Post
    thomas if you want to get on the water this weekend i think i have a few of those. it's a long drive for a few screws....unless you need 'em.

Dave
    thanks dave, but i take that back, Lowe's ended up having them which i was surprised because diamond screw didnt even have them. so i went ahead and replaced all of them in each carb with the stainless steel ones that i bought. Getting it put back together today and out on the water to test it out on the 4th...when are you going riding up in louisville dave?

dood you should get your self an impact driver, you can pull out the carb bolts with out stripping the heads off them and also tighten them up alot nicer then you could with a screw driver

Quote Originally Posted by tamous View Post
    thanks dave, but i take that back, Lowe's ended up having them which i was surprised because diamond screw didnt even have them. so i went ahead and replaced all of them in each carb with the stainless steel ones that i bought. Getting it put back together today and out on the water to test it out on the 4th...when are you going riding up in louisville dave?

Glad you found some. I was surprised when you couldn't find them local. FYI if you have an ACE they have a good SS bolt selection.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyB View Post
    Glad you found some. I was surprised when you couldn't find them local. FYI if you have an ACE they have a good SS bolt selection.
    yea i figured ACE would have them but they didnt...everything they had was either too long or too short...thats why i was surprised to find them at Lowe's

Thread Information