Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Known HKS BOV issues

Why does Riva only use the HKS SSQC bov? Can it be ordered with a better working bov flange?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Under_Pressure View Post
    Why do they only use the HKS SSQC bov? Can it be ordered with a better working bov flange?
    The intercooler kit comes with a HKS BOV flange and cannot be ordered any other way. There is no reason you can't cut the flange off and weld one on that you feel works better. I have had no problems with the HKS BOV. Works great!

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    The intercooler kit comes with a HKS BOV flange and cannot be ordered any other way. There is no reason you can't cut the flange off and weld one on that you feel works better. I have had no problems with the HKS BOV. Works great!

Agree!

Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    Agree!
    There has been test showing that the SSQC was one of the slowest and worst bov's in the market. The fuction of the BOV is to release pressure between shifts or in this case coming to a stop from a full speed run. Also the amount of air it bypasses is far less then the others out there. A great BOV are the Tial's.

There has been test showing that the SSQC (SSQV) was one of the slowest and worst bov's in the market. The fuction of the BOV is to release pressure between shifts or in this case coming to a stop from a full speed run. Also the amount of air it bypasses is far less then the others out there. A great BOV are the Tial's.

Provide one better for free and I will test it (maybe). Otherwise, I am happy with what I have that is working perfectly fine for a long time.

+1
    There has been test showing that the SSQC was one of the slowest and worst bov's in the market. The fuction of the BOV is to release pressure between shifts or in this case coming to a stop from a full speed run. Also the amount of air it bypasses is far less then the others out there. A great BOV are the Tial's.
    That may be but it's perfectly adequate for use on our PWC's and the most important design feature of this BOV is it will not leak boost.

The HKS Super Sequential Blow-Off Valve (SSQV) is a dual stage pull type relief valve. Unlike other blow off valves that are push type, the SSQV will not leak under high boost conditions nor under vacuum at idle. Being of a pull type valve structure, the SSQV can not physically leak under any level of boost because boost pressure also keeps the valve closed against its seat.

The SSQV is actuated by pressure alterations only, not by the rate of pressure or vacuum in the line, which ensures a quick valve response and complete closure during idle. On typical blow-off valve designs, a large valve is utilized in order to accommodate high boost / high horsepower applications.

However, these large valves tend to react slowly and require high activation pressure to open, therefore are not able to activate and prevent compressor surge at light-load conditions. On the other hand, smaller, fast reacting valves do not discharge the airflow capacity required for high horsepower applications and tend to creep open and leak as the boost pressure overpowers the spring on these push type valves.

For maximum performance, the HKS SSQV incorporates both a small primary valve for ultra quick activation, along with a larger secondary valve for additional discharge capacity. The SSQV is engineered to initially open the small primary valve at light throttle and load conditions, then sequentially opens the secondary valve for additional relief capacity under high boost and load conditions. The SSQV is constructed of polished billet aluminum, which ensures long-term durability and visual appeal.

The mounting base utilizes a circular mounting flange that provides exception flow and complete secure mounting via a C-clip snap ring and O-ring gasket. The triple-fin discharge port design produces a powerful and unique aggressive blow-off sound along with added visual distinction. For Universal SSQV applications, weld-on flanges are available in steel and aluminum for custom installation.

Banned User
    +1

bov

im running the Tial Q BOV and (MAN IT IS NICE) had the old tial bov
    on before and the motor seem to take to long to rev back , with the new one- it more crisp response

ps it cheaper and better then the HKS

Known HKS BOV issues

I did not want to thread jack Greenhulks thread so this one is the the known HKS SSQV issues known.

sounds of the problems related to the BOV

I cant go looking tru the web right now but ill get some more later. Even cheap Ebay BOV's hold pressure till like 20 psi its not the HKS's strongpoint. I will post more when I get back.

+1
    I have not heard of an issue with the HKS BOV. To my knowledge everyone that has HKS BOV has not blown their supercharger. My question to you is; are you looking for a BOV or do you have a BOV that you like better than HKS?

Because right now...the HKS for the SHO/FZ is performing as advertised.

+1 Carlos

Still going to use a HKS with absolutely no interest in purchasing anything else.
    It has worked very well without any issues and I have the speed and lack of issues to go with it.
    Not to mention data logging and reputation as well.

And, the surge audio clips are not represenative of how my BOV acts at any time up to 8,750 rpm so far.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information