Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GP1200r Replace Power Valve

Will someone please explain how to replace a power valve in a 2000 GP1200r (Broken). I have removed the YVPS covers and exhaust manifold.
    Thanks in advance

Kevin

+1
    Ah those are fun. Which one did you break?
    Those rods have these small circlips on them. Be gentle taking the off and you can reuse them. Take the cover off the broken valve. Then there are two allen head bolts in there, take those out. Pull the clip off, pull the rod out enough to get the powervalve out then pull the valve out. Reinstall in the reverse order you took it off.
    SHOOTER

Quote Originally Posted by shooter98xpl View Post
    Ah those are fun. Which one did you break?
    Those rods have these small circlips on them. Be gentle taking the off and you can reuse them. Take the cover off the broken valve. Then there are two allen head bolts in there, take those out. Pull the clip off, pull the rod out enough to get the powervalve out then pull the valve out. Reinstall in the reverse order you took it off.
    SHOOTER
    I see the single allen bolt that holds the YVPS rod valve, where are the other allen bolts located to take the valve rod out? By the valve itself? I have the rods that connect each valve off, thanks for the heads up on the small circlips.

Does the valve itself pull out through the exhaust manifold once you detach from the rod. And yes, I know to watch out for the valve falling into the cylinder..

Thanks,

+1
    There is a screw #9 that holds the PV in place remove it and pull the PV out.

thank you, much appreciated

tony shannon here once you have installed power valves how is it best two set up cables for operation

which part

in the above diagram, which is the part that the waveater clips keep from falling into cylinder?

+1
    The waveater sit on top of #13 and it clip down along both side of #13, 1 clip/waveater per valve.

yes thats what I thought but 13 cant come off doesnt rod go through it?...just not sure what "falls off" allowing pv to fall in....is it screw 14?

The clips keep the pin on the valve (part 8 ) from sliding out on either side. The screw (14) helps hold the clip in place. The coupler is a much better device to keep the valves rods (11) connected to eachother.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information