Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Dumb ass move today

Went to the boat ramp this morning to do some testing in the cool morning air. Put ski in and road around a bit checking a few things out then came in and put back on trailer. One problem!! I forgot to lock the winch in place so as I pulled my ski out it came off the trailer!! It was sitting on the boat ramp about a fooot from the waters edge when I relized what happened. Since it was right at the waters edge I pushed it back into the water refloating it and then reloaded it onto the trailer. Nothing bad just a minor scrap on the hull could have been much worse!! There was a bunch of green algee/ slime at the waters edge that helped protect the hull from the concrete ramp. Just thought I let everyone know to never forget to lock the winch in place when pulling the ski out of the water.

Don't feel too bad....there are people out there who've done far worse.

Don't ask.

+1
    I always use a second strap on the bow hook just for this reason.

+1
    Good idea
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    I always use a second strap on the bow hook just for this reason.

+1

Exclamation

Man, sorry to hear. Thanks for sharing the good reminder/tip for everyone to perform when loading.

+1
    Ah it happens...Back in the day when I had my SPX the pin came out from the front hook and my ski ended up in the middle of a major thoroughfare.Luckily someone stopped to help me get it back on the trailer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLD06RXP View Post
    Went to the boat ramp this morning to do some testing in the cool morning air. Put ski in and road around a bit checking a few things out then came in and put back on trailer. One problem!! I forgot to lock the winch in place so as I pulled my ski out it came off the trailer!! It was sitting on the boat ramp about a fooot from the waters edge when I relized what happened. Since it was right at the waters edge I pushed it back into the water refloating it and then reloaded it onto the trailer. Nothing bad just a minor scrap on the hull could have been much worse!! There was a bunch of green algee/ slime at the waters edge that helped protect the hull from the concrete ramp. Just thought I let everyone know to never forget to lock the winch in place when pulling the ski out of the water.
    I have always fretted this happening when driving up the boat ramp. I usually put my safety chain on also just to be sure..
    Sorry to hear, but atleast she still floats

wow

Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    I have always fretted this happening when driving up the boat ramp. I usually put my safety chain on also just to be sure..
    Sorry to hear, but atleast she still floats
    No kidding! You are real lucky that no major damaged was had..As I started to read the thread I figured the story would end with a cracked hull or something. That boat ramp concrete is no joke. There is nothing on my lake to protect the ski if this happened. Glad to hear your ski is ok...I am OCD so I check everything about 5-6 times before leaving the ramp.

+1
    I always check to but not this time
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpwhistler1 View Post
    No kidding! You are real lucky that no major damaged was had..As I started to read the thread I figured the story would end with a cracked hull or something. That boat ramp concrete is no joke. There is nothing on my lake to protect the ski if this happened. Glad to hear your ski is ok...I am OCD so I check everything about 5-6 times before leaving the ramp.

Faster Than a Snail on a Log mongorunner's Avatar
    had my XPL do this to me once... i didn't have the winch latch all the way down... just the little bouncing from the boat ramp and THUNK!!!! i was able to just pick it up from the rear and slide it back on... i scuffed up the ride plate but it sanded out...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information