Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Victory for the PWC'ers and Dismissed Charges

A couple of weeks back I posted a thread about my first PWC violation. Well, went to the judge and stood in front of him this morning with the prick that tried to charge me with a 4th class misdemeanor. I plead Not guilty!! Basically after the judge heard both sides of the story he looked at me and said he is favoring on my behalf and dismissing the case. Also adding that this should not have even been in front of him and it was not as if I were on the side allowing my 9 year old to operate my PWC without me even on it. The game and fisheries town clown did not seem happy with the decision of the judge. Thanks to Phil, Franko for the link, my attorney, and everyone else's input to this....

+1
    Awesome Jay. Ranger Rick didn't stand a chance

That is great Red Devil.

What got you off? Was it because you had the lanyard or was it just because it was idiotic in the first place to even bother with?

Great news!

Give us more details. What did the lake patrol moron say? What part of your case helped you win, or did the judge just use the common sense that the lake patrol should have used from the beginning?

Quote Originally Posted by jack
    That is great Red Devil.

What got you off? Was it because you had the lanyard or was it just because it was idiotic in the first place to even bother with?
    Good question...I am sure it was not the lanyard attached to me though. I seem to have caught the judges interest when I told him that I felt I was always in control. He then said well who was in control when you removed your arms from the craft. I politley explained that it was for such a brief time that it would be no different if I were removing my hands from the bars to reposition my life vest.

Quote Originally Posted by _Lurker_
    Great news!

Give us more details. What did the lake patrol moron say? What part of your case helped you win, or did the judge just use the common sense that the lake patrol should have used from the beginning?
    We pretty much said the exact same thing, but had I not been there to give my side, it would have appeared that my 9 year old was in total control and I was just sitting back letting her do whatever....Bottom line, I would have been screwed. When you read my citation and hear his side, it does sound good, until the judge heard the "true" way it happened. Like the saying goes, always another side of the story....

+1
    Hey GOOD FOR YOU! Sounds like a Mayberry type area with a Barney Fife and everything! Law inforcement W/O common sense. I let my 9 year old do the same thing...My older kids drove since the we're ten years old. Alone. BUT there we're well versed on do's and don'ts and my foot to back it up.

I'm glad to hear about this and you should be proud of winning and spending QUALITY time with your child.

+1
    i let my 10 year old drive all the time of course with me on , lanyard on my wrist. He does better than 99% of the idiots around here

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil
    Good question...I am sure it was not the lanyard attached to me though. I seem to have caught the judges interest when I told him that I felt I was always in control. He then said well who was in control when you removed your arms from the craft. I politley explained that it was for such a brief time that it would be no different if I were removing my hands from the bars to reposition my life vest.
    Of course you can be in control without your hands on the handle bars.... If you have the lanyard and can reach around your kid to overide his movements you are in control. This makes sense! Now Ive got to see how the NJ law reads.

Great news Jay! Glad you took the time and expense to tell the truth, and it sounds like the judge viewed you as a respectable father and PWC`er...

to bad it had to cost you a few $$ for the attorney to get things straightened out...PR...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information