Thread: GP1300 Failure

GP1300 Failure

weird isht, i was out today on my 03 GP1300 happy as hell cuz i could finally take out my ski, it had been sitting quietly for about a month because i had to resolve an issue with department of natural resources in PR. So today i take it out, started off just fine, until i noticed the throttle lever is a little jammed, so i pull on it some more to loosen it and the ski gets stuck at full speed. By this time im letting out some hard bricks out my rear and i was coming up to some boats so i pulled the safety switch. When i try to turn it back on, the ski wouldnt start, it would have its initial beeps and nothing. Warning light came on every time i tried to turn it on. I keep trying to turn it on and nothing, just beeps and warning light. At first i thought the battery needed to be replaced, but i took it back out the water (i had to swim like half a mile to get back to the ramp) and had a friend check it out. Back on land it turned on just fine, he rev'ed it up but told me it sounds more like a carburetor problem. Does this sound familiar to anyone??

Happy 4th of July weekend

+1
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54289

My 03 did the same thing after sitting for months. Throttle stuck wide open at first start up. Luckily the ski was on trailer.

Not only was my throttle cable corroded, but the throttle body linkage was as well. Since you're salt water there in PR it's probably about that time for yours too.

The cable was replaced under the recall for free.I supplied the replacement throttle bodies and they put them on.

Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeGPR View Post
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54289

My 03 did the same thing after sitting for months. Throttle stuck wide open at first start up. Luckily the ski was on trailer.

Not only was my throttle cable corroded, but the throttle body linkage was as well. Since you're salt water there in PR it's probably about that time for yours too.

The cable was replaced under the recall for free.I supplied the replacement throttle bodies and they put them on.
    thanks for the info . im gonna work on how to get this to me because im not even sure if there is an actual Yamaha dealer in PR, i have checked the site already

Thread Information