Thoughts about 95 900ZXi

A guy I work with has a 95 900ZXi for sale right now and I was wondering what you guys think about that model? The ski itself has only 40-50hrs and looks brand new inside and out. This guy is anal about his stuff, a its kept in a heated garage a covered all the time. He had the local dealer install an after market head and air cleaner and had it jetted and tuned, otherwise its stock.

I am cool with the price hes asking, but I dont remember anything about that ski. I heard the engine is near bullit proof, but it rides kinda bad. I would be using it in Lake Michigan most of the time. I am looking for a cheep fun ski to get the job done untill I can get a new one. I've owned a 150 and 1300r in the past I now its not gonna be as fast and I am cool with that.

Any thoughts would be nice.

Trim boxes weren't very reliable, carbs were a royal pain in the butt to adjust. I had fun with mine, but traded it for an 1100.

anybody else????

Olathe Kansas
    I own a stx900 and the 1995 zxi900 the the zxi gets the thumbs up from the whole family for fun.The ski is a blast to spin and jump with quick throttle response.Like the previous thread said the trim box has issues with taking on water,I open the trim box up occasionally to check for water, and also added an additional boot with ty wraps to the rear trim cable to prevent water from entering the trim box.My only dislike is it can go through a tank of fuel in a few of hours.

Thread Information