Need advice on 2nd waverunner

Right now I have a yamaha FZS. Its fast and and turns well, but feels a bit heavy. I like to jump waves once in a while and feel like I'm only doing a wheelie (because the back is still in). So I always planned on buying a 2nd. Should I be looking at a gp1300r? I was hoping to stay yamaha so I could have them serviced together.

Any advice on a fun 2 seater would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by we7313 View Post
    Right now I have a yamaha FZS. Its fast and and turns well, but feels a bit heavy. I like to jump waves once in a while and feel like I'm only doing a wheelie (because the back is still in). So I always planned on buying a 2nd. Should I be looking at a gp1300r? I was hoping to stay yamaha so I could have them serviced together.

The SHO/FZR/FZS will jump just fine. I do it every week and am at least 3-10 feet in the air. If you can't get into the air the water is too flat there in Milwaukee.

Look into the VX line. I have an SHO and my wife has a VX cruiser and I find that jumping waves is easier with her VX and a little more fun.

+1
    The GPR's are great for wave jumping. They have the power to launch and are lite enough to get good air. They land nice too. The 2-strokes don't mind being slapped around or flipped over. They also handle being over-reved coming off waves.

I had 2 gpr's, but, let one go to move up to a Fzs. I like the bigger ski for a full day riding. Don't have to worry about water conditions. But, i'm hesitant so far about launching one off a wave w/o a blow off valve installed.

Keeping the other gpr for those jumping days.

You can pick up an 05+(no powervalves) starting at 5k. Leave it stock at 65mph. Change out intake grate(r&d 1200) (riva)D-plate in place of the cat con. and just enjoy.

Theres a lot of good gpr jumping pics in this thread. Even a few amazing flying couches.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57100

Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeGPR View Post
    The GPR's are great for wave jumping. They have the power to launch and are lite enough to get good air. They land nice too. The 2-strokes don't mind being slapped around or flipped over. They also handle being over-reved coming off waves.

I had 2 gpr's, but, let one go to move up to a Fzs. I like the bigger ski for a full day riding. Don't have to worry about water conditions. But, i'm hesitant so far about launching one off a wave w/o a blow off valve installed.

You can pick up an 05+(no powervalves) starting at 5k. Leave it stock at 65mph. Change out intake grate(r&d 1200) (riva)D-plate in place of the cat con. and just enjoy.

Theres a lot of good gpr jumping pics in this thread. Even a few amazing flying couches.
    what he said!

bunch of gpr jumping pics here:
    http://www.lt1ls1.com/Pics/PWC%20Pic...ave%20Jumping/

GPR then

How are the GP1300's for maintenance? I know the fzs will be better, but has it been a solid unit?

+1
    I cannot say how the gpr1300 is in the surf but i can say i was out today with my fzr of off CC with 3 foot swells and i was getting pretty damn high, i know what you mean about the wheelie jump but if you time the wave real nice, you get up there. Where i am, its not like in florida where you get 10 feet in the air easily, you really have to work the ski good and time the wave right.

How are the GP1300's for maintenance? I know the fzs will be better, but has it been a solid unit?
    get an 05 or up and they are rock solid

Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeGPR View Post

what the hell???

I wouldnt worry unless you have modified it...I only know of 1 person who had their clutch go out when the ski was stock.

Thread Information