Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    canadian iceman
    +1

need help tuning RR rrfpr with AFR

ok so 2008 rxpx with these mods....RR extreme charger, 50lb injectors, 4" kanaflex,, thru hull exhaust(riva), solas 15x22,riva grate, RR rrfpr, intake manifold filter removed,.... so when tuning my boat with my LM_2...i know that i am looking for a WOT AFR number of 11.5-11.9??? so does it matter what it is at idle??? as well...on this setup...i can only get the afr at wot to 8.1-8.5...which is way too rich?? correct?? so to get my AFR back in line do i not need to install like 48lb injectors??...need help

Banned User
    +1
    Your P-X comes from the factory mapped for 42's and the X SC, which puts the AFR in the 11's as a safe setting from the factory...If you upgrade the SC, with the addition of the RRFPR, you can keep the original injectors.

Start by putting the OEM units back in, setting base pressure to 60psi, and go for a pass...

Idle, doesn't matter...

3000-6000, anything in the 13's is fine...

Once boost kicks in, above 6000 RPM, 11.8-12.2 is ideal...

So adjust your RRFPR accordingly...I'll bet you need to drop it to about 56-57psi when the OEM 42's are in to get the AFR right...

canadian iceman
    +1
    ok...i forgot to mention that we are at 2300 feet above sea level so how will this affect?? thanks for the help

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by IM2FAST4U View Post
    ok...i forgot to mention that we are at 2300 feet above sea level so how will this affect?? thanks for the help

The numbers you have stated above reflect the mods you have right now....so based on that is the suggestion I gave.

Having the LM2 is benefitting you right now, so use it to adjust....

I predict the 42's with a base of 55-56 in this summer temps, and bump it to 60 when it gets colder...

canadian iceman
    +1
    done deal... i will install the stock ones tomorrow and try another lm2 run...so when i go to a race at say 500 feet above...will this affect my AFR or will ecu compensate??

Banned User
    +1
    done deal... i will install the stock ones tomorrow and try another lm2 run...so when i go to a race at say 500 feet above...will this affect my AFR or will ecu compensate??

Heat/humidity/water temp play a vital role....All you need to do is make one quick run at the water to see what your numbers are. Adjust accordingly...But if you tune it to be a little lean at home (12.5ish), you will be spot on at 500ft...same temps.

canadian iceman
    +1
    i think you mean rich at home so i will be leaning out at 500 feet??....but i got ya anyway...and of course that may answer my last question...obviously...the 8.5 afr that i saw today was extremely rich??

Banned User
    +1
    i think you mean rich at home so i will be leaning out at 500 feet??....but i got ya anyway...and of course that may answer my last question...obviously...the 8.5 afr that i saw today was extremely rich??

Yea, typo ....you will be lower, dial in for low 11's (11.2-3), then in lower altitude it will get closer to 12...

The higher the numbers, the leaner....8.5 is rich, evident by black soot in the pump cavity...

+1
    ok so 2008 rxpx with these mods....RR extreme charger, 50lb injectors, 4" kanaflex,, thru hull exhaust(riva), solas 15x22,riva grate, RR rrfpr, intake manifold filter removed,.... so when tuning my boat with my LM_2...i know that i am looking for a WOT AFR number of 11.5-11.9??? so does it matter what it is at idle??? as well...on this setup...i can only get the afr at wot to 8.1-8.5...which is way too rich?? correct?? so to get my AFR back in line do i not need to install like 48lb injectors??...need help
    Let me get this straight. Your running a ET extreme with 50s and you cant get your A/f above 8.5 at wot? That does'nt sound right at all. I dont care how high you turn up the pressure on those 50s you should'nt see anything near the 8s. What kind of (50s) are you running? What does it do when you turn the base pressure way down? I dont think it would even run with numbers like that. If you are seeing 8s at wot I'd hate to see the idle A/F. Something is not right my friend. How does it seem to run? I assure you that if those numbers are true it would'nt run and if it did It would'nt get out of its own way.

I just noticed it says rr extreme. There is no such thing as a rr extreme so either you have a et extreme or a rr wheel of some sort and there is only 1 rr wheel that would even be an uprade from the x charger and its a x-charger drop-in wheel/spacer. Exactly what do you have?

canadian iceman
    +1
    yep a drop in x charger...and i tried all sorts of adjustments with the rrfpr...i could get them to go way lean at idle and still only maybe 9.0?? it runs good...of course i only did very short spirts between adj

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information