Supercharger wheel blew up

It's been awhile!!
    To start the story
    My SC consists of
    Riva Vortec Gen 1 SC Wheel
    Metal Washers uncoated first generation that TenneseeRXP installed for me
    Probably 50 hours on the wheel/washers
    Custom rear intake with outerwear filter cover.

Took the ski out haven't been out in awhile since my kid was born.
    Ski was driving well did a cruise for awhile and then decided to open it up back in a cove. All of a sudden it hit 7000 rpms.
    When I slowed down it sounded like a loud rock tumbler.
    I pulled the top of my air intake off (rear intake). I looked down in the tubing and saw blades next to the supercharger!!! Looks like the SC wheel blew up. I had blades about 4-5 blades about half the size of my finger sitting in the tubing. I cleaned out the blades and started the ski and went about 10mph to the dock. Supercharger was still whining which was wierd. Still had a rock tumbling sound.

I'm in the process of taking my supercharger off. I noticed my supercharger wheel is real loose not spinning loose but loose like I can move it up/down/left/right with my fingers. I'll post pics when I get it out.

I'm assuming my SC is toast. I've been looking around to try and find a Riva Vortec but it looks like it's discontinued. If I install a Riva Gen 2 do I need to get injectors. I kind of liked to have the stock injectors for the gas mileage. Looks like the regulator fuel thing is like 600-700 dollars that lets you use the stock injectors.

Did I just cause a 1000k work up on my ski ?

I was hoping to just buy a new wheel and send to Jerry and have him do a rebuild service on it and give it some TLC

Not sure what other damaged this might have caused.... I'll post pictures of it later and hopefully someone can give me some insight of other things to look for. I'm going to look around in my intercooler and see if some of the SC wheel flew into fins. Not sure if any break up dust might have gone in the engine...

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Whats up buddy, good to see you still alive. Sounds like the same thing that happened to VaRedneck. The plastic cage that holds the bearing together failed and you had a touchdown of the impeller. Probably screwed up the housing pretty bad. Not all bad news though. Find a stock SC in the classifieds and install the Green Wheel or Riva Gen II (they are the same thing BTW) and you may need 42# injectors or you can do like 05Limited and DIY (I know how you love DIY) yourself a rrfpr for like $100. You could also go the X charger route for like $700 and DIY rrfpr.

Welcome back.

Heh...any pics in this thread look familiar?
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97902

+1
    The new wheels are way better than that gen 1 you had. It did you a favor by blowing up Get a gen2 wheel and 42lbs. injectors and your good to go. You wont even motice a drop in fuel econ. Promise

Wow VaRedneck. I think we are in the same boat.. not the same boat but the same boat... nm guess that doesnt work so well.

I'm going to try to pull the SC today, in between the smoking barbeque, getting ready for fireworks and playing with the kid.
    I'll see if I can take some pics as good as VaRedneck and see what my deal is.

I think I'm going to do like NCHeel said and get a green charger/Riva Gen2 and maybe do like Jeff and DIY a rrfpr. I'd think a DIY rrfpr might also need a bunch of guages and tweaking AFR. I'll search around and try to catch up Good to be reading on the forums again. Looks like a lot of progress in the 4Tec world. I hope to post later my split IC waterways it took forever to get working. PaleRider would be proud.

Happy 4th Everyone!!
    Yall are all probably out on the water!!

I wonder how much aluminum, steel and plastic debris went into the intake tract and further after the SC? Could be real nasty.

RT

The TB had a nice coating of aluminum dust on it...I haven't taken the IC out yet for cleaning.

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1

Electrical Problem-4th of J down the tubes

Help Guys,

I work on electrical on my side job and this one has me stumped for now. Just wonder if anyone else has had this happen?

Idling along and jet ski cuts off, crank back up, runs, then cuts off again. next time I look at display no VTS icon bar and it quit working. And on top of that I now have a compass and depth finder icons coming on?

Ok I'm this far along :

VTS motor good, moves up and down with another voltage source applied
    Switch ohm out good
    Fuses good

Getting 12v+ on both leads at the VTS motor????? Well that's not right, should be a switched voltage source, switching positive and negative sources to move VTS trim up or down.

Brings me back to control panel, must be BAD or is it the relay on top of VTS motor, looks like it is sealed. No service possible?

Help on this one guys, I thought I read a similiar thread a long time ago? Any information at all and I'd really appreciate it. Someone can turn my 4th around, maybe? If it requires Seadoo dealer parts I'm screwed they are closed

Too many beers last night, I meant to post new thread
    Last edited by Pirates81; 07-04-2009 at 11:23 AM. Reason: wrong thread

I saw your other post...sorry can't help.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirates81 View Post
    Help Guys,

I work on electrical on my side job and this one has me stumped for now. Just wonder if anyone else has had this happen?

Idling along and jet ski cuts off, crank back up, runs, then cuts off again. next time I look at display no VTS icon bar and it quit working. And on top of that I now have a compass and depth finder icons coming on?

Ok I'm this far along :

VTS motor good, moves up and down with another voltage source applied
    Switch ohm out good
    Fuses good

Getting 12v+ on both leads at the VTS motor????? Well that's not right, should be a switched voltage source, switching positive and negative sources to move VTS trim up or down.

Brings me back to control panel, must be BAD or is it the relay on top of VTS motor, looks like it is sealed. No service possible?

Help on this one guys, I thought I read a similiar thread a long time ago? Any information at all and I'd really appreciate it. Someone can turn my 4th around, maybe? If it requires Seadoo dealer parts I'm screwed they are closed

Too many beers last night, I meant to post new thread
    Yeah need your own post. It's not your VTS. Either your battery, voltage regulator, or stator is going bad. The fluctuating current caused your ecu to reset to factory default wiping out the dealer programming. Need to figure out your electrical problem and then have the ecu reset to RXP defaults.

Thread Information