Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

mobile 1 in 260x?

i want to run synthetic mobile 1 in my new 260x its got 24 hours on the motor and 2 dino oil changes so far. got rebate coupon so oil will cost $12. for 5 quarts. the manual says to run 10w40 but i cant find regular mobile 1 in 10w40, it only comes in high mileage with all these additives for worn out engines and to expand seals to prevent leakage. can i use 10w30? or is the high mileage 10w40 okay? anybody use mobile 1 in the ultras? please help.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    the engine needs the JASO MA rating...............

+1
    You need to look towards their motorcycle oils to get the right spec oil for your ski.

i wonder why they spec JASO MA oil for the 260x jet ski? JASO MA means no friction modifiers added which is for motorcycles with wet clutch packs. i looked everywhere and my jet ski doesnt have a clutch or a transmission for that matter.HAHAHA. i have some mobile mx4t i used in my 4wheeler that is JASO MA but that crap is expensive and only sold by the quart. so any other synthetic JASO MA oils out there that u guys run in the ultras?

+1
    I go with Royal Purple

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by thead View Post
    i wonder why they spec JASO MA oil for the 260x jet ski? JASO MA means no friction modifiers added which is for motorcycles with wet clutch packs. i looked everywhere and my jet ski doesnt have a clutch or a transmission for that matter.HAHAHA. i have some mobile mx4t i used in my 4wheeler that is JASO MA but that crap is expensive and only sold by the quart. so any other synthetic JASO MA oils out there that u guys run in the ultras?
    Well you just spent over $11,000 on your ski and have spent close to $1000 on fuel already so I think you can afford an extra $15 per oil change to go with the M1 Motorcycle oil at Walmart for $8.97 per quart.

I have been using Amsoil 10/40 marine.

i wonder why they spec JASO MA oil for the 260x jet ski? JASO MA means no friction modifiers added which is for motorcycles with wet clutch packs.
    That is what I have read also.

I bought a case of castrol actevo and have enough for another oil change.

I think after that oil change I will send the oil to be tested and then try rotella t synthetic....around $20 a gallon....seems to work well in other motorcycles.

AMSOIL 1040 Synthetic is the best oil out there IMO / like the rust inhibiting factors

I also like RedLine Full Syn, Mobile 1 Racing4T, Motul Full Syn.

For those of you with a blow by issue / Question - I knew a person with a stock 07 ULTRA with a blow by issue - he changed the oil at about the 125 to 150 mile mark on the oil (very frequently), he did not change the filter frequently - and never had a problem - he used Castol GTX SAE 10W40 oil API,SM, SL, SJ, SH purchased at Walmart for 13.00 per five quarts. The logic was ANY oil with fuel dilution is not good oil, why not put good (undiluted) inexpensive oil in after every second or third ride

Mobile 1 Racing4T is $12.95 a quart and only available at a few shops around here. thats $65. just for the oil. if i put that in its stayin in their for the 50 hours the manual says. i was planing on changing every 15 hours due to the thinning of the oil i have been getting. i will try a few more wallmarts around here to see if i can find the motorcycle stuff in synthetic. thanks for all your help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information