Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

chargers and boost #s

Hey folks,

I am in the research process prior to upgrading our rxts (o6 and 07). We are planning on having the superchargers upgraded, probably an equivalent to a stage 2 or stage 2+. We currently have a stage 1 minus the 2 degree pump wedge given the chop.

My search was partially only paritaly successful. I was wondering what the boost numbers were for the different chargers at stock (8100) and performance (8500) rpms. A portion of this was listed in this intro post by Greenhulk but it did not have the boost #'s. Also is the X charger equivalent or is it more boost than the Riva stage 3?

Thanks guys.

I don't mean to steer you away from the topic at hand....but....what do you have against a wedge in the chop?

Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    I don't mean to steer you away from the topic at hand....but....what do you have against a wedge in the chop?
    Well, without the wedge if the ski is not hooking up well because it is out of the water a bit, then with the wedge, raising the bow of the ski up gets more of the ski out of the water making it worse in the chop.

I imagine that is why the wedge is not recommended with the pump extension kit.

+1
    Ok, Well lets just remember a couple things. Boost is not just the only factor in a SCer you are looking at.

Stock 215 HP SCer is a 127mm wheel about 7lbs of boost (Stock boat)
    Stock 255X SCer's are 137mm wheels and 9.5 lbs of boost stock! (sTOCK BOAT)

Stage III SCer is a 127mm wheel upgraded to a Riva and is about 9.5lbs of boost.

X SCer's also have a Riva drop in replacement and I believe they are 12lbs. of boost.

What you need to remember if a Wheel produces close to the same boost it doesn't mean it is better and for example I say Stage III compared to a X SCer. They produces dang near the same boost numbers, but the XSCer is better!! Why? Well because it is a 137mm wheel over a 127mm wheel. It is bigger and will flow more air.

Now going to the Bigger SCer's I did not mention as you stated equivalent to a stage 2 or stage 2+.So if you go into the Rude 1, 2, and 3 you have a bunch more stuff and also ET 68-140, et extreme, and et Race.

A bunch of SCers out there.

I hope this helps a little.

+1
    Now ofcoarse I forgot to mention the
    1st Gen drop in Riva 7.5 ( throw in trash)
    Greenwheel is a 127mm drop in replacement at 9lbs of boost
    Rotax racing drop in wheel (Samething)
    Riva Gen II (Samething.)

These's 3 wheels are dam near if not the same thing. 127mm wheels and 9.0lbs of boost.

This strictly seat of the pants and personal eyeball only here so...take it for what it's worth.

I run faster than a stock rxt in the chop. Of course...to me....a wedge should only be used in conjunction with skegs.

As for the sc boost #'s.....I've asked this before elsewhere.

What additional parts requirements are needed to run bigger sc's in stock boats.....(in re to safe engine reliability)......?

Thanks guys, helpful info. I overlooked the basic principal that boost does not always mean power, movement of air also dictates power as well so the larger charger may move this air more efficiently. I was thinking on going with the x-charger, 42# injectors, xs intercooler. I want to use the stock exhaust outlet but remove the sound baffle. of course i will have to change the prop from stage 1. for now i will keep the same ecu. as for the opas (training wheels) will like to keep them for the "stock look" but i may end up removing them.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by comish71 View Post
    Thanks guys, helpful info. I overlooked the basic principal that boost does not always mean power, movement of air also dictates power as well so the larger charger may move this air more efficiently. I was thinking on going with the x-charger, 42# injectors, xs intercooler. I want to use the stock exhaust outlet but remove the sound baffle. of course i will have to change the prop from stage 1. for now i will keep the same ecu. as for the opas (training wheels) will like to keep them for the "stock look" but i may end up removing them.
    I really love the X SCer, but you can not get away with just 42's with it and a external IC. You need to get a Riseing rate fule pressure reg.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1052

It is always a great idea to get a A/F ration gauge to be safe, but there are plenty of guys on the forum that can guide you with that set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    I really love the X SCer, but you can not get away with just 42's with it and a external IC. You need to get a Riseing rate fule pressure reg.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1052

It is always a great idea to get a A/F ration gauge to be safe, but there are plenty of guys on the forum that can guide you with that set up.

agreed. i actually have an 06rxp with riva s3. i have a rr fpr and and wideband o2 on it.
    i was trying to get around the whole wideband by using a setup that has been proven. so that was why i was looking at the x-charger and its injectors. even if i go with the stock computer will i still need to go with the wbo2?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information