Bow chicka wow wow
    +1

Crazy Electrical Issues!Need Advise

Ok let me describe what happened on the lake yesterday:
    Just got through racing a guy, slowed down to go through no wake zone. Ski just cuts off like I hit the stop button. Starts back up ,cuts off again, starts back up but idles at 2200 rpm?VTS stops working, I lose the display for VTS, my display comes up like it now has a compass and depth finder, VTS icon bar is gone.

Ok I do a lot of electrical work, so I check VTS motor, it's fine. I check VTS switch, it's fine. I check power leads on VTS motor, both leads are 12+??So I guess this voltage comes through the control panel display. It's got to be that, right?

+1
    This is a pretty common issue. Either you have a bad cell in the battery that is shorting out with vibration or you have a bad connection. The first place I would look is at the 2 fuses in the wiring harness on the side of the mpem by the starter solenoid. Pull those to fuses and inspect them for black arching marks. If you see the arching marks clean the contacts in the harness, apply dielectric grease, and replace the fuses. After you find the problem and fix it you will have to take the ski to the dealer to have the trim turned on and the compass and depth gauge turned off.
    If the problem is not those fuses then my money is on the battery.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    It's not your VTS. Either your battery, voltage regulator, or stator is going bad. The fluctuating current caused your ecu to reset to factory default wiping out the dealer programming. Need to figure out your electrical problem and then have the ecu reset to RXP defaults.

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    It's not your VTS. Either your battery, voltage regulator, or stator is going bad. The fluctuating current caused your ecu to reset to factory default wiping out the dealer programming. Need to figure out your electrical problem and then have the ecu reset to RXP defaults.
    New battery last week, checked running voltage at 14v. steady. Any more ideas??

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Anyone else got any links or information on this situation??
    Crap sounds like a trip back to the funky old Seadoo dealer. I'll rewire my own system in if this becomes too much of a hassle.

Why would the ski just cut off at random?

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    See now you give us more useful info. Kinda funny you put a new battery in and electrical gremlins jump up. Check to make sure the charging system is working and consistent, not jumping around voltage wise. Check all the connections, an intermittent connection to the battery could cause the ski to shut off and whammy the ecu.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirates81 View Post
    Anyone else got any links or information on this situation??
    Crap sounds like a trip back to the funky old Seadoo dealer. I'll rewire my own system in if this becomes too much of a hassle.

Why would the ski just cut off at random?
    Pie rats 81 It is what it is. I ride offshore and gets really wild in a blink of an eye Like Rodney (NcHeel) said, I agree with his thinking and statement. I am sorry that you are in the mercy of the nearest dealer close to you to reset everything. I went through this situation almost every other ride. As long it does not put me in limp mode......I'am good VTS gauge goes out and compass kicks in..... good! I didn't pay for that option Basically, what I am trying to tell you is I know this ski well enough not to depend on the Instrument cluster The only thing that is important in that OEM cluster is the RPM and Fuel gauge

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Jammer 1 thanks for your great knowledge ,old wise one and winner of the "MARK HAHN RACE" Look, I already put Jammer Lube on everything, yet to no avail.

I think my avatar looks better than yours,HA HA NOTHING is better than AROUND THE NECK JOCK STRAP!

Ok crap, you act like it is just going to fringin' happen, nah I don't buy that. It will be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirates81 View Post
    Jammer 1 thanks for your great knowledge ,old wise one and winner of the "MARK HAHN RACE" Look, I already put Jammer Lube on everything, yet to no avail.

I think my avatar looks better than yours,HA HA NOTHING is better than AROUND THE NECK JOCK STRAP!

Ok crap, you act like it is just going to fringin' happen, nah I don't buy that. It will be fixed.
    just trying to help ya out Bro. Today I went riding/practice Offshore. Neptune was Pissed all day. I spend more Time in the air than the H2O .....It's still a good workout for me, but not for my RXP everytime I land.....I hear a BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!, My Instrument cluster went Blank....But I kept on going, Hammer down.....I am NOT on LIMP MODE YET My 4th of July was the best....untill I came home and saw my avatar............YOU MOFO FAGS !

Thread Information