View Poll Results: Are you interested in the block off's for your GTX/RXT?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i am interested

11 91.67%
  • Not at this time

1 8.33%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

How many want RE blockoffs for RXT?

I spoke with Race Engineering and if there is enough interest they will make some block off's for the GTX/RXT platform.

They also said being that it is such a small market there would be a 10% higher price which would make them $317.90

How many are interested?
    Last edited by Green Hulk; 07-28-2006 at 07:21 PM.

Jerry,

My only concern was the handling issue RE apparently came across in their testing. Was this realy the issue or just a demand issue?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i gotta tell ya guys... i ride my ski WOT and just stare behind me more than in front of me to see where water is spraying, where the weak points are. similarly i let people ride my ski and i get on another ski and watch the way my RXT goes thru the water.... and everything i'm seeing personally is telling me the ski needs those voids filled in badly... just my 2 cents

however, i'm not going to commit to this purchase this exact moment bc i'm having a personal dilemma over selling my ski

I'm just wondering if it's going to make it instead of turning like a cruiser boat to turning like a barge. Especially in the low speeds.

If someone had a set and tried them out I might jump on board being I can't fill that void with JB Weld.

It would have to give more top end speed and have a counter, if it effects handling. Ex. Cobra Steering or Riva,Jet Sponsons.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    i gotta tell ya guys... i ride my ski WOT and just stare behind me more than in front of me to see where water is spraying, where the weak points are. similarly i let people ride my ski and i get on another ski and watch the way my RXT goes thru the water.... and everything i'm seeing personally is telling me the ski needs those voids filled in badly... just my 2 cents

however, i'm not going to commit to this purchase this exact moment bc i'm having a personal dilemma over selling my ski
    Steve,

You have soooo much time invested in your RXT, why would you sell now?
    You know what it takes to get an RXT to 75mph. Plus, the 3 seater is the way to go in rough water. Didn't an RXT win the Catalina ocean race in CA? Don't you do the majority of your riding in the ocean?
    Just ride your RXT and enjoy it. Wait for Kawi to put out an SC boat unless you have $20K laying around.

As for the RE pro extensions, I would think that the RXT would turn slower IF the sponsons are left in the stock position. You will get the barge to turn quicker by moving the sponsons to the rear of the boat. You will effectively move the pivot point back and this will speed up the turning response.

I used to have a modified Raider 1100 that I had Beach House Sponsons on. I shortened them up and moved them all the way back and it turned much better and more predictable. With the longer sponsons that thing would track and hook real hard.

That being said, I think I would be down for the RE pro blockoffs as long as I could locate a stud in the RE blockoff and move the sponsons all the way back. Maybe even shorten them up to.

I wish someone would try the polaris method crazyrxp posted awhile back. You cut the last back section off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinchyle
    I wish someone would try the polaris method crazyrxp posted awhile back. You cut the last back section off.
    You be the pioneer

I ride with my stocks. It would need someone with aftermarket sponsons that don't need the stocks.

+1
    Steve,I don't get it. Why would you sell her? You have too much time and heart in your machine.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BOATADDICT
    Steve,I don't get it. Why would you sell her? You have too much time and heart in your machine.
    you guys are killing me, lol .... for every 1 person that tells me to sell it, 10 others tell me i'm nuts and i'll regret it

i was actually gonna sell it for a GPR to be honest...

why am i gonna sell her? bc i want to be at 75 all day everyday. i'm not giving the sob story and asking u to feel bad, but i'm in a different financial position than most of you guys, and i really think getting an RXT to 75+ in the heat with full tank is gonna take a b-kit and/or head work. i can get an RXP there much cheaper, and a GPR for a fraction of the cost... my wallet is takin a hurtin, and my checkbook is waiting for a deposit so i can pay the car payment, credit card, cell phone, and insurance bills i have sitting here next to my keyboard... not an easy task when ur a full time student only working summers, i'm sure some of our young forum members can relate... the mod money is non-existant and i'm not one to put my credit card bill thru the roof and pay finance charges

so that's where most of my rationale is coming from... what a lame ass excuse tho

BTW... was just kidding about getting a GPR

i'm giving my RXT one more opportunity i decided. i have some parts i've yet to put on it this entire summer mainly bc of setbacks. have an ECU that doesn't work properly, can't run my ECU without an intercooler, my intercooler has no plumbing, i can't afford to buy a complete riva or rotax kit for 1200-1400 bucks, i can't run the air intake i already have purcahsed bc i need a rotax racing waterbox which is yet another 350+ bucks.. so i'm at a standstill and i guess it got to me that i've made no progress and it's basically august.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information