Exclamation Optimize the SHO for Offshore??

Hej everybody!

I have spent some time on GH for awhile now and realise the knowledge you find among all the experienced pilots here is amazing. So I thought I might try this to see what I can gain, I have an FX SHO'08 with some mod's on it incl. R&D intake grate and R&D ride plate and other stuff. I am all happy with the top end speed at the moment (74,3 mph) but when going in choppy water I am too often airborne and can't keep up with the Kawi's...
    I read in another thread that the Stock ride plate is the best for offshore riding, is that confirmed?
    Any other tip you could give me? It's not easy at this stage since I feel adding more HP doesn't do the trick, I still need the boat to stay in the water rather than in the air.
    Any advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hemedia View Post
    Hej everybody!

I have spent some time on GH for awhile now and realise the knowledge you find among all the experienced pilots here is amazing. So I thought I might try this to see what I can gain, I have an FX SHO'08 with some mod's on it incl. R&D intake grate and R&D ride plate and other stuff. I am all happy with the top end speed at the moment (74,3 mph) but when going in choppy water I am too often airborne and can't keep up with the Kawi's...
    I read in another thread that the Stock ride plate is the best for offshore riding, is that confirmed?
    Any other tip you could give me? It's not easy at this stage since I feel adding more HP doesn't do the trick, I still need the boat to stay in the water rather than in the air.
    Any advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks
    I have found that to be the case.

I ride with several Ultra's and they are a great ski in the chop.

Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    I have found that to be the case.

I ride with several Ultra's and they are a great ski in the chop.
    Thanks for reply SHOdude, what can be done to the SHO to make it a great ski in the chop? Except for using stock ride plate which I think will improve but will it bring my boat anyway near the Ultra's?? Or do you need a new hull attached to the engine?

^^^ I took that Pic!^^^ PixxByTango's Avatar
    I do know that the FZS & FZR has a much larger inlet opening which helps tremendously in the big chop. I found that putting a little weight in the front storage compartment helps HUGE in crossing the chop at higher speeds. That is where the Ultra seems to lead is by cutting the water rather than going over it like the SHO will.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hemedia View Post
    Thanks for reply SHOdude, what can be done to the SHO to make it a great ski in the chop? Except for using stock ride plate which I think will improve but will it bring my boat anyway near the Ultra's?? Or do you need a new hull attached to the engine?

IMO, the best thing you can do is get the Riva intake grate, stock ride plate, trim down, WOT and hold on.

TRIM

Good question. I did a big crossing the week, and used the trim nose up for a dryer ride. Any thoughts on the trim settings?

Thread Information