Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Island Project - Wadadli Raider 1100

Really is a Wave Raider, but I renamed her Wadadli Raider. Running an 1100 and looking to redo the engine completely. Looking for reliability, but am looking for 65 mph, preferably 68 mph. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Here is the plan:

(1) Hand it over to Tim Judge.

(2) Looking to true & Weld crank

(3) Bore the cylinders and new pistons. ( Question is how big to bore it to? remember: "RELIABILTY")

(4) Cut the head. (Question is what compression to run in the cylinders; Gas is 95 RON & 87 or 89 MON, give or take a level. The gas here is not consistent).

(5) Stock 1200 carbs; believe they are 44's with R & D Plenum arrestors.

(6) Port & Polish. (Question is to what extent and what to port & polish).

(7) Has a straight pipe exhaust that exits at the rear next to the right bung hole.

( Has an intake grate (2 bars) & a ride plate (not sure what it is, but looks shorter than the normal one).

What combination of things do you guys think that will make me reach my 68 mph mark?

o0 RASTA 0o

+1
    Raise comp turn it into a 1200 and port it or sell the 1100 motor and buy a 1200 motor and port that.

if you tell this all to tim judge ,he can direct your as to what you need in engine and good setups ... any of the fellows that run raiders here can direct you to an ideal set up... MPEAVLER,BIGRAIDER, and CODMANROSE to name a few currant Raider fellows.. Sorry I cant help you with advise on specifics as I run twins in GP's and old W/R's...your fuel is going to be a large detirmaning factor to what you can do...

as your hp goes up your reliability in the long hall will go down ,but that has alot to do with the TLC you give it such as in warm ups and break in at the start of its new life..( do lots of proper heats and cools)

true and weld...yes, definatly, your ocean running and will prob air born more than a typical user..thay puts alot of stress on the drive train..

I would say a longer plate will scrub speed as a given, but you ocean run, you may need that length to control the ski in rough... the shorty is a speed plate...the 2 bar is another plus...

above all think safety as a raider is a different animal than any other ski ...

Airborne? Is that a question? That is what I bought the bike for!!! They got these stock yamaha 1800 supercharged and Kawasaki supercharged bikes doing 70mph GPS over here. I just want to be able to hold onto them or run next to them and then when we hit the ruff......bye bye supercharged. I was even thinking about putting some wings on my bike (joke).

These raiders that fellas have on the forums can run with those bikes right? Most of them are stock bikes (4 strokes) over here, but these fellas look down on 2 strokes. SO I just wanna make an example out of them. lol

Was thinking about making the bike into a 1200 by doing the following:

(1) 1200 stock carbs 44's
    (2) 1200 cylinder bored

I was going to convert my 1100 into a 1200 and that was what I was told to do. But for some reason I think that I am going to need some other parts.

(1) Can anyone tell me what exactly I would need and roughly the price of such parts.
    (2) What is a safe bore for reliability and what cc would it carry the engine to.

I just took out my engine last night. Am thinking about taking some pics so that u guys can see what condition my parts are in, and then u could advise me.

Oh, the bolt that holds the starter to the engine mount clamp seems to be stuck. It has screwed out and then it seems to be stuck midway out. Is this normal? What should I do to get it out?
    Last edited by o0 RASTA 0o; 07-05-2009 at 11:56 AM. Reason: starter

Pics

If you guys can take a look at these parts and give me some feedback I would appreciate it.

It has been fun lately....wrench in one hand, a smoke in the other and a Johnnie Walker Black label with coconut water in a cup......I enjoyed my Saturday night with my 2 best friends.....Johnny & Mary.

Anyhow, more pics to come.

Thx fellas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jet Ski Pics 001.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	140198   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jet Ski Pics 002.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	140199   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jet Ski Pics 003.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	140200   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jet Ski Pics 004.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	140205   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jet Ski Pics 005.jpg 
Views:	28 
ID:	140206   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jet Ski Pics 006.jpg 
ID:	140207  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jet Ski Pics 007.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	140208   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jet Ski Pics 008.jpg 
ID:	140209   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jet Ski Pics 009.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	140210  

Pics

Here are some more pics....The exhaust is a Riva Racing and the splash guard is Riva also.

I have no idea what ride plate this is. Can someone tell me?

Name:	Jet Ski Pics 010.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	140211   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jet Ski Pics 011.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	140212   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jet Ski Pics 012.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	140213  

More pics

More pics

Name:	Jet Ski Pics 014.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	140220   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jet Ski Pics 015.jpg 
ID:	140221   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jet Ski Pics 019.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	140222  

Here come the smokers! OBXJeepGuy's Avatar
    Wow, that PTO piston was chewing on something for sure! Get a set of VF3 reeds for that thing, also...

welll ... your going to need to do a magor cleaning ... make it spotless ... the water passages sure are clogged like you said... figure tim will remachine the cases and the cylinders...throwing away the pistons and other worn parts.. he will do an inspection of that crank, and if not condeming it outright from the beating that cylinder gave it,use it for a core to get a better unit to weld and true.. i'd say go with an over size of at least .5mm over on the cylinders and have the 'JUDGE' do a porting on this .. vf3 reed set will give you better responce .. prob be more economical to have the head replaces rather than a mill and squish , it look pretty beat in that dome... the zinks still look in good shape so the block itself other than clogged with sediment and goo is prob ok....

first see what your builder has to say before stripping this down any further( I'd always charge more for fixing someone elses teardown).figure if your wanting to have him rebuild and set up your carbs at the same time... talking with tim would be my next step if i was to have him proceed with this build... my 2 cents..

Thx for the info.....

(1) What is the difference between the VF3 reed & the 1100 & 1200 reed?

(2) Does anyone have a head for a 1200? Please let me know.

(3) Does anyone have any reeds?

The price on this build just keeps going up and up.....Can I manage is the question.

(4) Does anyone have a free flow exhaust that comes out of the back of the bike? Would eliminating one of the mufflers in the back be beneficial?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information