Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Does anyone make snap in carpet for S150?

I havent been able to find anyone making carpet for speedster 150s..

Anyone here making them?

I dont know if anyone makes carpet for that boat but if they did i still wouldnt put it in my boat. My c180 had the snap in carpet, after using it 2 times it began to stink. You just couldnt dry it out. I would let it dry out in the sun all week...Still stinks. I went with hydro-turf. Looks great, easy to clean, and never stinks. Also hydro-turf on the swim platform makes it alot safer. Just my opinion...

yah, go for hydroturf instead!

I just bought a 2004 Sportster which already had the snap in carpet installed. It's hard to keep clean and actually, it's beginning to shrink so it's hard to snap back in.

I think I'm going to get hydroturf but I'm afraid of the hole that will be left after removing the snaps. Any ideas on how to fill them before hydroturfing?

I used a 3m marine silicone. It came out good. I can see where the holes were but no one else can.

go whit hydroturf mine begin is 5 year and it still and super shape

I have had hydro turf in both my boats....and it is a great addition...soft to the feet...and easy to clean

I had talked to hydro turf and they told me that the red will fade quickly and turn pink.. Black is tooo hot.. and i dont want any other color..

If you take care of carpet (use quality cleaing supplys and use professional sealer on it) it will last a long time and not stink..

Plus my boat gets garage kept..

Quote Originally Posted by davidvieira View Post
    I dont know if anyone makes carpet for that boat but if they did i still wouldnt put it in my boat. My c180 had the snap in carpet, after using it 2 times it began to stink. You just couldnt dry it out. I would let it dry out in the sun all week...Still stinks. I went with hydro-turf. Looks great, easy to clean, and never stinks. Also hydro-turf on the swim platform makes it alot safer. Just my opinion...

What color of hydro did you use? Just wondering if black heats up too much in the sun in temps around 80 - 90? Black looks the best so I'm more partial to getting it, but silver would work too.

thx

yah the black does heat up a bit in hot direct sun weather. It only ever bothered me when we were not doing watersports (less water in boat). I'd just dump a bucket of water in the cockpit to cool it down.

We don't often get hot weather like that here so black is great for hiding the scuffs and looking great. I don't mind that it heats up a little in the sun. If you are in florida you might want to consider something else- but I'd imagine anything else will show dirt/wear more.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information