picture: can u tell me what type of clamp this is

73.8-77mm Range Oetiker Clamp

You can get them a helluva lot less expensive from www.mcmaster.com than Sea-Doo
    (but you have to buy a bag of 25)

52545K34Gap-Free Pinch Hose and Tube Clamp 2-29/32" to 3-1/32" Clamp Dia Range, 9/32" Band WIn stock at $14.57 per PackThis product is sold in Packs of 25
    Packs of 25

Crimp w/ Flush Cut Wire Cutters (Home Depot)

..... or you can PM me and I'll sell you a couple for 50% price of Sea-Doo + $3.00 shipping and Pay-Pal fee.

http://216.37.204.206/wps/seadoo_oem...=13&A=129&B=10

ITEM #27

420851703 GEAR CLAMP $8.73

so you all are sayin everytime i wanna remove my supercharger hose i have to buy new ones of these??? whats wrong with worm clamps??

Yes, the Double-Lined Stainless Steel Oetiker Crimp Clamp is best IMO since it provides a FULL 360' of closure to the pressurized hose.

*Some* Worm clamps will work, but they have to be very very tight since the S/C'r Hose is pressurized. I have had them blow off with "regular" Worm Clamps.
    Also, all Worm Clamps have a "flat spot" under the Worm Drive which may leak or bite deeply/damage the tubing if overtightened, which is why I never use them with Fuel Lines either....

Surprisingly, the Worm Clamps (thin width) which are used on PROK Flame Arresters work well, and that is what I use with the Silicon S/C'r Hose and Blow-Off Valve I have on mine at this time, but the Silicon S/C Hose is more flexible and forgiving then the OEM S/C Hose.

How often do you need to remove that Hose anyway ?

+1
    Screw those clamps. Get a nice worm drive clamp. All I use. These are even better. Top quality and never snag or catch and wont cut the hose. They are smooth on the inside so they dont cut threw the hose. The cheap worm drives end up twisting when you tighten them and they almost strip out. You can feel the cheap ones snagging up. Try one of these and you'll understand.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#45945k16/=2m5g3l

I think thats the size I used but I have thicker silicone intakes hoses so check your OD. They make them a tad smaller also. I got the 316SS but they make them in 304 in multiple packs for cheaper. The 304 are 3/8 wide and the 316 are 1/2".

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak_039A View Post
    Screw those clamps. Get a nice worm drive clamp.
    I agree..I good SS worm gear clamp will work just as good..Just make sure its good and tight..I have run worm gears clamps on both my skis with NO issues..Also remember if you buy them clamps you will need to buy the tool to install them also..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    I agree..I good SS worm gear clamp will work just as good..Just make sure its good and tight..I have run worm gears clamps on both my skis with NO issues..Also remember if you buy them clamps you will need to buy the tool to install them also..
    Same here .. If I was going to run anything else it'd be a T-Bolt clamp.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2005cdoorxp View Post
    whats wrong with worm clamps??
    Nothing at all. Ditch the Oetiker clamps and go with good quality SS worm clamps

I just pulled my motor to do some cleanup after my supercharger nut came off. I have about 20 of these style clamps to put back on. Can I use good ss worm clamps on everything or do I have to get the oteiker clamps for certain things. Its gonna cost a fortune at 5 something a piece to replace them all. Thanks for the info.

Thread Information