Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New project for me 96 900 ZXI

I just picked this up yesterday, for $300. First order of business is to get it to crank. So far, no joy when I plug it in.

I'm not positive, but if the battery has power, next I would check to see if the stop switch/lanyard is not working right.

You did check to see if it would turn over by hand right?

Like I posted in another thread on here I saw someone was having problems with the kill lanyard not working when you hooked it up, that will cause it to act like the battery is dead. I'm pretty sure mine doesn't even light things up on the dash with it pulled.

Yeah, I can manually move the pistons. No worries there.

lanyard in the clip first, then turn the key? I'm not at home, so I can't check that... LOL

I tried twice today and was unable to get the lights to come on at all. I was a little worried at first but it started up fine so who knows.

I'm still thinking checking to see if the start/stop switch has power is a good place to start.

Okay, I finally have time to get back to this.

When I turn the key, the trim position sensor comes up, but nothing happens when I hit the start button, and I can't do anything with the trim. I opened up the kill switch, it looks pretty clean in there, and nothing is hung up.

Okay, stupid time.

Make sure the ground is hooked up to the battery...

But, question about the trim motor. It should work when the key is on? I get no response from the trim switch.

there should be a black wire in there by the battery that is the trim power. Also my trim zxi 1100 doesnt work if the motor isnt running. I will for a second or two but then stops. I am not sure if it is to protect the battery, by design, or a problem with my trim....

I originally, it seems, only had the trim wires hooked up... Then when I moved the battery, I found the main ground. Felt soooo stupid.

Well, bent steering cable is out, whoever has this rig before me used silicone when he put the pump ramp in. I don't see that ever coming back off w/o hull damage. Idiot.

Found the aluminum gasket between the manifold and exhaust pipe has a puncture in it. Won't have that until next week. Am going to see if anything is blocked in the jackets later.

Took this rig out last night for a test run. I was doing fine until my steering cable came loose at the back end. I think I missed a clip or something to hold it in place. Took on tons of water after that happened. I was lucky to get it back to the trailer...

So, I'm working on getting the trim working. You don't think this has anything to do with it, do you?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information