Smile New 1996 Seadoo Owner- Xp & SP- Ways to tune them up?

Hello All, I have wanted seadoos since I was a kid. I am now 35 and finally picked up a used pair July 3rd, 2009. Two 1996 Seadoo XP & SP. So excited to have them and loved playing with them all weekend with the extended family.

Now I want to take care of them and make sure they have a long and happy life. Any suggestions of things I can do that will not cost a tone of money? Here are some examples of what I was thinking. Let me know if you can think of anything else?

Repairs Needed on 1996-XP Model:
    -Replace digital Fual Gage (Middle of the three on Dash). Not working so I am not sure how much gas I have left.
    -Trim Bottoms (up & Down) don't work. Not sure of switch or trim motor?
    -Replace front storage bucket..

Other than these, they look and run great. Some Extra options and questions:

-Top of the line replacement sparkplugs:
    -Replace air intake filter (if will help)
    -Best oil to use? Synthetic an option?
    -Can I use better than regular Gas? Would it help or hurt?
    -Replacement Manuals?
    Any other things to put on my list to extend life or run better.

Thank you in advance and happy to join the Water Craft Club. Wish I did this years ago.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by AngTO View Post
    Hello All, I have wanted seadoos since I was a kid. I am now 35 and finally picked up a used pair July 3rd, 2009. Two 1996 Seadoo XP & SP. So excited to have them and loved playing with them all weekend with the extended family.

Now I want to take care of them and make sure they have a long and happy life. Any suggestions of things I can do that will not cost a tone of money? Here are some examples of what I was thinking. Let me know if you can think of anything else?

Repairs Needed on 1996-XP Model:
    -Replace digital Fual Gage (Middle of the three on Dash). Not working so I am not sure how much gas I have left.
    thats the fuel baffle in the tank. there is a sticky on the top of this section on how to fix it...other wise replace it.
    -Trim Bottoms (up & Down) don't work. Not sure of switch or trim motor?
    -Replace front storage bucket..
    that would be your VTS motor. open the black box in the back take it our and you can test it on a battery. if it turns its the switch. or maybe the fuse in the rear black box with the red starter wires and ignition coil.
    Other than these, they look and run great. Some Extra options and questions:

-Top of the line replacement sparkplugs: thats a start BR8ES
    -Replace air intake filter (if will help) probly would nt hurt if its dirty
    -Best oil to use? Synthetic an option? use the synthetic seadoo 2 srtoke oil
    -Can I use better than regular Gas? Would it help or hurt? I use regular but Plus doesnt hurt.
    -Replacement Manuals? there is a sticky at the top of this section
    Any other things to put on my list to extend life or run better. I would change out all the fuel lines if they are gray. 1/4 fuel line from NAPA works just fine.

EDIT: you may want to also clean out the fuel filters in the carbs too. thats the reason for the fuel line swap. the old lines deteriorate and plug the screens

Thank you in advance and happy to join the Water Craft Club. Wish I did this years ago.
    Welcome Aboard the GH!

Many thanks Airbornexp. I replaced the spark plugs and cleaned the filter. Works better. The SP has a little water and oil bottom after I cleaned it last week.

i) I cleaned both the bilge pump intakes at the bottom but still see new water and oil. Not worried but any suggestions would be great.

ii) Ready to tackle the for the Fuel light always one. Any suggestion? in your last note you said there was a "sticky on the top of this section"...not sure how to access it" and no teenagers around to help me right now .

Still lovin these seadoo~

Angelo.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by AngTO View Post
    Many thanks Airbornexp. I replaced the spark plugs and cleaned the filter. Works better. The SP has a little water and oil bottom after I cleaned it last week.

you may have a leak in the pipe....

i) I cleaned both the bilge pump intakes at the bottom but still see new water and oil. Not worried but any suggestions would be great.

in the bottom of the hull?

ii) Ready to tackle the for the Fuel light always one. Any suggestion? in your last note you said there was a "sticky on the top of this section"...not sure how to access it" and no teenagers around to help me right now .

heres the link http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26017

Still lovin these seadoo~

Angelo.
    good luck

if ur jumping waves bro they take in water, 6 jumps for me and i gotta blast her a lil to suc the water out threw the bilge

Thread Information