Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Who builds the fastest RXP race boats?

Thinking about getting back into racing after a 15 year hiatus. I have been looking at the RXP/RXT and am wondering who the "big dogs" are
    in making horsepower?

Thanks,
    Nick

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    Franco Dettori...

Where can I find him and how fast are his boats?

+1
    Mark Underwood is a direct link to him...Race-Tech is producing some high #'s on the RXP-RXT platform...Something about to hit the water that should have 300 hp... On a completely managable engine system.. Including a twin injector model...He can be reached @ 416-230-1743..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by locolife
    Where can I find him and how fast are his boats?
    Locolife,

Mark Underwood is without question "THE MAN"! Look no further. He is the no boolsh*t straight shooter talented super-mechanic who really knows his stuff. He has made my GTX do everything he said he would. After dealing with bozos for years who claim to know how to make your ski go fast, I finally found Mark. He is the real deal. He delivers what he says he will, no excuses. Most other people talk a good line but simply don't deliver the goods. Remember, you get what you pay for. It is just that simple.

Phil
    from Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia

+1
    Franco builds the FASTEST SeaDoos, has been doing so before the RXP was even around, but be aware his stuff is NOT rec riding friendly, it's race shit and needs to be treated as such.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 11
    Franco builds the FASTEST SeaDoos, has been doing so before the RXP was even around, but be aware his stuff is NOT rec riding friendly, it's race shit and needs to be treated as such.
    Doesn't Franco build the engines? Mark Underwood speaks of him in a very positive way. However, I have never heard of anyone speak of him in relation to setting up skis? Please enligthen me? Anyways, he lives in Europe.. does he not?

+1
    Yeah Franco is Italian, he IS Rotax Racing, Rotax being Austrian.

Mark U is a US/CDN distributor and he knows his shit, just be aware that whatever you buy from Franco was from the ground up meant for racing, where blowing a clutch, a blower or even a block every other week end isn't such a big deal.

Meaning that will be good shit but NOT rec rider friendly shit.

+1

Mark U is a US/CDN distributor and he knows his shit, just be aware that whatever you buy from Franco was from the ground up meant for racing, where blowing a clutch, a blower or even a block every other week end isn't such a big deal.

"Racing vs. Recreation", I think is the issue that is leading to Kawasaki's demise. STXRs and SC/15Fs are fast as hell when you have people like Mac driving them, but for recreational use... the average jet ski pilot can't deal with this on an everyday basis. Also, we are sick and tired of fixing our so-called recreational skis every other week because something in the engine broke AGAIN or a $5.00 part broke for the third time and caused me to stuff a ring! We want to do little things that make our ski go faster, rather than fix yesterdays stuff. I think Sea Doo has the right idea... reasonably high-powered and reliable engine... great hull (RXT) for rough water riding. This is what the public wants. Kawasaki had better get their act together. For example, if they were to put together a great riding ski (much smoother and agile in the rough stuff), more user friendly (the moron who decided to put the reverse lever on the same side as the throttle should be keel hauled...Sea Doo is laughing all the way to bank on that one!), killer hole shot, ballistic mid-range and a top end of about 68mph... they will be right back in the game. Kawai makes a very high quality product, they just don't understand the recreational market. It has changed, and will kerep changing. Oh well, sorry for my raging and ranting about Kawai, they used to be my ski of choice... but, I will have to go with a modded RXT for my riding... for the moment.

+1

BTW, don't rule Mark U. out when it comes to setting up race skis. His wrenching and Jay Edworthy's driving won the 2005 Can-Am (checkout http://watercross.com/lite/main_page.html). He has got the XP running 74 mph. It takes real talent to do this. As a matter of fact, I don't know of anybody who has got an XP to run this fast!?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information