2008 Ultra 250X Path to XXXtra Speed

Hello all, I am a long time reader here and first time poster.
    I have recently purchased a 2008 250x I am really impressed by the machine.
    I had a Ultra 150 that blew an engine (2 times as the second engine we put in had a crack that was slightly off) on me and this thing blows it out of the water acceleration wise, not quite there on top end.

I have been reading and I can't quite find a comprehensive path to upgrading this machine for a "common man"

I am mechanically capable but I dont have the under the hood experience many others may have.

I am looking to get maybe 2-4MPH on top end but more importantly better acceleration. The shop I bought it from wont touch it as they say it cant be improved upon.
    So all of that being said what is a good path to take to upgrade this machine? Is there a road map to follow to get here preferably starting with less expensive/cheaper on up to the more expensive.

I normally ride on mildy chopy water but I love the flats when I can find them.

I have searched here and read a lot but I havnt been able to find a clear path.

Thanks in advance for your replies! And if there are other thread(s) that answer this please feel free to direct me.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Limpkin View Post
    Hello all, I am a long time reader here and first time poster.
    I have recently purchased a 2008 250x I am really impressed by the machine.
    I had a Ultra 150 that blew an engine (2 times as the second engine we put in had a crack that was slightly off) on me and this thing blows it out of the water acceleration wise, not quite there on top end.

I have been reading and I can't quite find a comprehensive path to upgrading this machine for a "common man"

I am mechanically capable but I dont have the under the hood experience many others may have.

I am looking to get maybe 2-4MPH on top end but more importantly better acceleration. The shop I bought it from wont touch it as they say it cant be improved upon.
    So all of that being said what is a good path to take to upgrade this machine? Is there a road map to follow to get here preferably starting with less expensive/cheaper on up to the more expensive.

I normally ride on mildy chopy water but I love the flats when I can find them.

I have searched here and read a lot but I havnt been able to find a clear path.

Thanks in advance for your replies! And if there are other thread(s) that answer this please feel free to direct me.
    riva plate and wedge will add 1.5-2mph...

From what I have researched both of those items dont do so well on chop?

Or am I wrong about that?
    Thanks

6 degree timing advance + DBI IC mod (dual bottom inlet, intercooler)
    Cheapest and most effective mod out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen3Benz View Post
    6 degree timing advance + DBI IC mod (dual bottom inlet, intercooler)
    Cheapest and most effective mod out there.
    Does anyone know where I can find more information about these mods? I did a search and found nothing for 2008 Ultra 250x?

Thanks!

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Limpkin View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find more information about these mods? I did a search and found nothing for 2008 Ultra 250x?

Thanks!
    search for timing advance mod and intercooler mod. the mods for an 07 and 08 are the same.....

Thread Information