Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: 260X rpms?

  1. #1
    DWRAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    PHX, AZ
    Posts
    135

    260X rpms?

    My 260X is only getting 7000 RPMS.
    It seems to be running very strong and the speedo is hitting 70 MPH.
    The outside temp was 108 deg.
    Does this sound right?


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by DWRAT View Post
    My 260X is only getting 7000 RPMS.
    It seems to be running very strong and the speedo is hitting 70 MPH.
    The outside temp was 108 deg.
    Does this sound right?
    108 degrees is geting pretty warm; and you will lose some rpm when it's that hot. If it is 108 degrees and humid you will lose even more rpm. Nonetheless, 108 degrees and low humidity you should still be able to get 7500ish rpms . . . Mite be time to change the plugs; No more than 7lbs of torque on those little fellas. And i think it is a good idea to smear a small amount of grease on the spark plug threads.

  3. #3
    DWRAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    PHX, AZ
    Posts
    135
    Only 9 hours on the ski so I hope the plugs are still good.

  4. #4
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,161
    +1
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by DWRAT View Post
    Only 9 hours on the ski so I hope the plugs are still good.
    wots your boost gauge saying , possible charger belt is loose

    BOV may be leaking
    is your airhorn still attached to your airbox


    Waz

  5. #5
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    wots your boost gauge saying , possible charger belt is loose

    BOV may be leaking
    is your airhorn still attached to your airbox


    Waz
    come on waz he is doing 70 we dont want him going any faster

  6. #6
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,161
    +1
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    come on waz he is doing 70 we dont want him going any faster
    yer I bet on the STOCK speedo he is doing 70 tho

    you do the math, wont be on a GPS thats for sure

    Waz

  7. #7
    DWRAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    PHX, AZ
    Posts
    135
    70 mph is on the dream-o-meter.
    It is doing right at 10 psi on boost.
    The bike fells strong, it is just the display that shows max RPM and speed where the rpms only show 7000.

    Bike is 100% stock.

  8. #8
    kman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Labrador
    Posts
    193
    Are you looking at what the RPM is actually doing when running WOT. Don't even use the max recall feature as it's mostly useless. All this reading does is record the maximum speed and the corresponding RPM's when the speedo hit this speed. I find that a wave, a sharp turn or similar will cause a blip on the speed paddle wheel (usually 70 which is the max. the gauge will read) and you may not be at WOT when this happens. If not then the RPM's will be low and will be recorded with the magic dream-o-meter number of 70. Switch the digital display to read RPM's and let us know what the RPM's are at WOT. Unless of course, you already did this and it doesn't go above 7000.

  9. #9
    DWRAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    PHX, AZ
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by kman View Post
    Are you looking at what the RPM is actually doing when running WOT. Don't even use the max recall feature as it's mostly useless. All this reading does is record the maximum speed and the corresponding RPM's when the speedo hit this speed. I find that a wave, a sharp turn or similar will cause a blip on the speed paddle wheel (usually 70 which is the max. the gauge will read) and you may not be at WOT when this happens. If not then the RPM's will be low and will be recorded with the magic dream-o-meter number of 70. Switch the digital display to read RPM's and let us know what the RPM's are at WOT. Unless of course, you already did this and it doesn't go above 7000.
    Thanks, I will give that a try.
    That's a good idea.
    Dan

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chicago; Loudon,TN
    Posts
    302
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by kman View Post
    Are you looking at what the RPM is actually doing when running WOT. Don't even use the max recall feature as it's mostly useless. All this reading does is record the maximum speed and the corresponding RPM's when the speedo hit this speed. I find that a wave, a sharp turn or similar will cause a blip on the speed paddle wheel (usually 70 which is the max. the gauge will read) and you may not be at WOT when this happens. If not then the RPM's will be low and will be recorded with the magic dream-o-meter number of 70. Switch the digital display to read RPM's and let us know what the RPM's are at WOT. Unless of course, you already did this and it doesn't go above 7000.
    Kman,

    Good description. I noticed this as well. It makes sense now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 09 Ultra 260x low RPM Bogging problems after water in the hull
    By moose51 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-29-2013, 10:09 PM
  2. 2010 Kawasaki Ultra 260X shuts off if rpm goes over 2000. - Please help
    By serge9193 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-20-2012, 12:50 PM
  3. Can't get RPM's over 7600 no matter what we do on an 09 Ultra 260x
    By Jordan #94 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-24-2011, 09:13 AM
  4. 05 RXP noise @4750-4900 RPM's
    By RXPNJ in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-12-2010, 12:54 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-2005, 07:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •