Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bilge Pump Alert

FYI (For Your Information) for you guys running the same switch on your bilge pump as I am, see picture attached. I would suggest that you lube it with some plastic friendly lubricant. watch were I am pointing the pencil point at, that needs to be sprayed, regardless you put that switch in a safe enviroment place like I did( inside the front consul storage box) still corrosion manage to get to it. I found out about it as I do my Pre-Inspection ride, before I ride Symtoms are, the swich won't engage on Manual, but manage to engage in AUTO? Solution: swicth the swicth back and fourth untill the red light comes on. I am deeply sorry for my Avatar, it is not my doing If I change it right now I might end up with a lot worst than this I will take the gamble pretty soon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 2027.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	729.6 KB 
ID:	140321  

Good point Jammer!! I ended up usiing a standard toggle switch and mounted on the front on the side of the box and so far water has not gotten to it. Good maintenance item to check regularly for sure.

Love the avatar!!

+1
    Interesting, I used a rubber boot to cover the switch on mine with some silicone on the bottom. No problems yet.

Good lookin' out Jammer...

Mine just quit working and I know that the half roll of solder and the entire tube of electric grease I used to do all the connections isn't the problem.

I have the same switch....

I also use the rule switch,all thou the rocker type, with the dielectric grease and no issues so far. should i expect problems in future?

My response to all that posted

This one I found out by accident. As I always check all equipment and safety gear before I go for a ride. The boot is a good Idea, but this type of rule switch did not come with it. I saw them selling it separately. I will be installing them soon and load it up with Di-electric grease. I just added this up to my twice a week exercise deal on my ski. This is my routine twice a week on my RXP . I exercise the steering by moving it from left to right about 5 times. I twist the twist throttle wide open several times, it will be finger throttle for all you ladies Pull on the reverse lever, about 3 times. Move the trailer back and fourth about a couple of feet. AND now I have to move the switch back and fourth and listen if the bilge pump is working Even if you don't have a problem now with your switch, just keep an eye on it small information like this keeps us in the water long enough to have fun in the sun and not on the trailer with a hole in your wallet

+1

Are you going convince everybody to carry SCUBA gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    FYI (For Your Information) for you guys running the same switch on your bilge pump as I am, see picture attached. I would suggest that you lube it with some plastic friendly lubricant. watch were I am pointing the pencil point at, that needs to be sprayed, regardless you put that switch in a safe enviroment place like I did( inside the front consul storage box) still corrosion manage to get to it. I found out about it as I do my Pre-Inspection ride, before I ride Symtoms are, the swich won't engage on Manual, but manage to engage in AUTO? Solution: swicth the swicth back and fourth untill the red light comes on. I am deeply sorry for my Avatar, it is not my doing If I change it right now I might end up with a lot worst than this I will take the gamble pretty soon
    Do you have SCUBA tanks for a backup to your backup, now?

Quote Originally Posted by Craigo View Post
    Do you have SCUBA tanks for a backup to your backup, now?
    Hey, stop following me around ...ya crazy Wiking Go shave your leg.......or Mod your high heels

+1
    Jammer,
    that switch set is made for a boat, and is assumed would be a dry, sealed location. Throw those away and get some sealed units. Talk to John at www.jetskisolutions.com . He will make you up a custom set with wiring.

I do my own wiring, and still like John's work and products.

This is a combo of radio shack, painless wiring, and the switches from john. I could see how you could come up with something more waterproof to fit in the panel you already have.

+1

One of Jammer's "must haves".

When Jammer's bilge pump fails.

Clicky >> New Backup Plan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information