Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs down My rxt died yesterday

Well i live in miami so u can guess i am salt water raider. i was having a very nice day on my ski when i notice i was losing a lot of speed and the ski was sinking on me. i was in the middle of the ocean really far back, i headed for land as fast as posssible and on my way i see that i am still taiking in more water and losing more speed. well i did not get to land my engine seized on and i was towed by boutUS to the marine.

do you guys know of any seal on the axle, because thats were the water is coming in from.

my rxt is factory stock and has no upgrades what so ever, so i am taking it to seadoo today you guys i am going to have any touble getting it fix under warranty? and i just did a oil change(oil change in sea doo dealer) 4 hours ago i have 54 hour on it. any advice would be appreciated.

Sounds like your talking about the carbon seal? The seal that is around the driveshaft?

yeah that's were all the water come in from. is this a common problem?

has this happen to someone before u guys think seadoo will warranty this? i still have my factory warranty and i got and extended warranty. i am going to the dealer in my lunch brake at 12:00.

could be a few things but i can tell you from my experiance that I didnt tighten my prop good enough i guess and it somehow unscrewed in the pump causing the driveshaft to push forward after a few minutes of riding. The end result was lots of water real fast but i ended up grabing and forcing the seal to seal and limping it back home. Just something to look at but if you never messed with your prop that prob not it.

Factory stock and no mods warranty work should not be a problem...sounds like the carbon seal gave way prematurely. That can happen if the drive shaft is out of alignment. Good luck!!

You might want to try PPG tomorrow (closed today). They are very helpful with warranty claims... Ron

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianRXT View Post
    Well i live in miami so u can guess i am salt water raider. i was having a very nice day on my ski when i notice i was losing a lot of speed and the ski was sinking on me. i was in the middle of the ocean really far back, i headed for land as fast as posssible and on my way i see that i am still taiking in more water and losing more speed. well i did not get to land my engine seized on and i was towed by boutUS to the marine.

do you guys know of any seal on the axle, because thats were the water is coming in from.

my rxt is factory stock and has no upgrades what so ever, so i am taking it to seadoo today you guys i am going to have any touble getting it fix under warranty? and i just did a oil change(oil change in sea doo dealer) 4 hours ago i have 54 hour on it. any advice would be appreciated.

based on what U said they should cover it.Ask them to give U a detailed report and speak with the tech to see how he took care of the problem and then re-check their work........I've seen situations where a tech said they fixed it right only to find out it wasn't so.

Well i went to dealership they said my factory 1 year warranty was expire and they could not find my extended waranty papers but they just gave me a call and told my i am good and cover to take the ski back tomorrow. I

it all seems good i will take the ski in and let u guys know what they say.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information