Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

250x hole shot problem

Well, I just changed the oil/filter/plugs/cleaned the intercooler in my 07 250x. I took it out on the water and warmed it up. I slowly sped up and cruised at 63.3 (max) for a while. I idled at 4 mph for a few seconds, then hit the throttle. It worked fine through max speed. I went back to idle and did the same thing again. This time (and every time afterwards), the rpms jumped to 7600, then after a second (10-20 mph), it sounded and felt like the impeller was not gripping the water (cavitation?) The engine then hesistates, drops rpms down to 5000 for a second, then it picks back up to 7600 and fine through max speed. It had this problem before, so changing oil/filter/plugs didnt fix it. Is this problem caused by cavitation or the engine? Any suggestions?

BTW, I did a home OCMS job where I got a clear hose and looped the line returing to the oil pan. After I rode I pulled out about 2 ounces of mostly gas that would have been in my oil nice.

Also, after riding, I pulled the plugs and noticed what looked like corrosion, but it was only in the ski for a two hour run. I had some fresh kawasaki silicone spray in the cylinders, maybe that caused this? Does this look normal, or could there be a bigger problem.

Quote Originally Posted by axelderhund View Post
    Well, I just changed the oil/filter/plugs/cleaned the intercooler in my 07 250x. I took it out on the water and warmed it up. I slowly sped up and cruised at 63.3 (max) for a while. I idled at 4 mph for a few seconds, then hit the throttle. It worked fine through max speed. I went back to idle and did the same thing again. This time (and every time afterwards), the rpms jumped to 7600, then after a second (10-20 mph), it sounded and felt like the impeller was not gripping the water (cavitation?) The engine then hesistates, drops rpms down to 5000 for a second, then it picks back up to 7600 and fine through max speed. It had this problem before, so changing oil/filter/plugs didnt fix it. Is this problem caused by cavitation or the engine? Any suggestions?

BTW, I did a home OCMS job where I got a clear hose and looped the line returing to the oil pan. After I rode I pulled out about 2 ounces of mostly gas that would have been in my oil nice.

Mine was doing the exact same thing. I got the belt tension tool and my belt was loose. Tightened to spec and no problem now. You need the tool to check this supercharger belt. Sometimes oil on the belt will also cause it to slip.

I'll have to order a belt tension tool. Any ideas about the spark plugs/ is that normal?

to me that looks kinda like detonation, but I am not shure. Are you running 93 octane.

Of course...always have. The gas came fresh from 7-11 with 93 octane. I havent done any mods to it, its 100% stock. I know that with car engines, if you advance the timing or use sub-par gas, it could cause detonation. The old spark plugs that I replaced with the oil change had the same type of corrosion-like ring around the bottom of the threads, if this helps any.

leaky exhaust gasket.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hilomikey View Post
    leaky exhaust gasket.
    +1

your getting water ingestion from somewhere.

So, water ingestion definitely caused the white on the spark plugs. The ski was running for 2 hours, and plugs were pulled an hour afterwards so the metal couldnt have corroded. If it is coming in through the exhaust system, wouldnt it just blow out the exhaust pipe with the airflow?

Could water in the intake have caused this?

I stopped off at a beach about 30 minutes into the ride and noticed that the return hose from the relief valve fell off the waterbox. I do not believe that water was ingested through the waterbox since I was riding 63mph in smooth water with no water coming over the bow. I noticed that when I try to put the hose on, it tries to push itself off. Any suggestions on getting this thing on there good?

Accidentally posted twice...wouldnt let me delete this 2nd one, only edit it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information