Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Swamps

Swamps

First swamp run the other day...didn't go all the way in but WOW the swamps look like a blast...saw a few other skis ripping on some narrow areaways weaving in through the grassy areas. Pretty intense!

A question...is it LEGAL to ride in the swamps? I was west of harvey cedars, near "crooked creek" and "mud pond". I saw a few protected wildlife signs on the grassy areas, is it ok to ride through the winding swamps adjacent to these areas? I didn't see any signs against boats and PWC's coming in. Crabbing is prob pretty good too! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mack77 View Post
    First swamp run the other day...didn't go all the way in but WOW the swamps look like a blast...saw a few other skis ripping on some narrow areaways weaving in through the grassy areas. Pretty intense!

A question...is it LEGAL to ride in the swamps? I was west of harvey cedars, near "crooked creek" and "mud pond". I saw a few protected wildlife signs on the grassy areas, is it ok to ride through the winding swamps adjacent to these areas? I didn't see any signs against boats and PWC's coming in. Crabbing is prob pretty good too! lol
    all of that area is strictly no wake...

so yes it is illegal to rip thru the marshes (200ft rule) and no as long as you go slow...

Lodi/Beach Haven West, New Jersey, United States
    +1
    only illegal if you get caught

if someone rips through the marshes and noone is around to see it...did he make a wake?....i think not...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco View Post
    only illegal if you get caught

if someone rips through the marshes and noone is around to see it...did he make a wake?....i think not...lol
    hahahahaha....

if a tree falls in the forest, can you here it?...LOL...

+1
    Yes illegal but a great time. anyone know how shallow it is at low tide or the change when its up

Quote Originally Posted by Laxcrazy23 View Post
    Yes illegal but a great time. anyone know how shallow it is at low tide or the change when its up
    over by me it`s more than 3 feet difference. I won`t go near the marshes in low tide around here, not worth the risk IMO...

Lodi/Beach Haven West, New Jersey, United States
    +1
    wouldnt go near ne marshes at eb or low tide....but high tide is a blast....aaron def knows the bar bay marshes better than ne one ive ever seen

Those are the Barney Swamps and most are legal to be in.
    Accidentally switch two reg numbers around so the binoculars cant track you going in.

Some are extremely tide sensitive. We have shallow markers out and check the water table against the tides for the shallow ones. You can run anywhere there with an east wind or heavy rains.

Thanks Monaco.

Quote Originally Posted by BAR BAY H.O. View Post
    Those are the Barney Swamps and most are legal to be in.
    Accidentally switch two reg numbers around so the binoculars cant track you going in.

Some are extremely tide sensitive. We have shallow markers out and check the water table against the tides for the shallow ones. You can run anywhere there with an east wind or heavy rains.

Thanks Monaco.
    I have to disagree, if the po po wants to bust your stones they can and will legally. if you are in waters 400' or less, jet ski`s can not make headway speeds...and aren`t the marshes much much narrower than that?

Yes.
    I should have said legal to be in and not to rip through.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information