Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

how to stop some bouncing on my sho with jims plate

i got some great gains with jims modded plate on my sho i been messing around shimming it but the more shim i add the more speed i lose has anyone tried a wedge with this plate to stop some bouncing?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wave15stx View Post
    i got some great gains with jims modded plate on my sho i been messing around shimming it but the more shim i add the more speed i lose has anyone tried a wedge with this plate to stop some bouncing?
    Hell, I bounce with my stock plate.Not quite as bad as with Jim's plate.

Putting a positive wedge on is not going to help, because I have done it.

Waiting for a friend to try a negative wedge.

+1
    How about adding more power, to help keep the nose up? What mods do you have?

+1 Hitman - I had that issue end of last year.

Just FYI, note how much shim I am using right now. If I didn't I would likely be flying thru the air away from the ski.

Without a shim it would stuff in high 60's. Then with about .09 shim it bucked (That's how I interpreted it) at over 74'ish. Now over 80 (just) and so far so good. I would rather loose a mph or two and still be onboard.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    +1 Hitman - I had that issue end of last year.

Just FYI, note how much shim I am using right now. If I didn't I would likely be flying thru the air away from the ski.

Without a shim it would stuff in high 60's. Then with about .09 shim it bucked (That's how I interpreted it) at over 74'ish. Now over 80 (just) and so far so good. I would rather loose a mph or two and still be onboard.
    Forgot about that. But I have the pressure relief valves and no need for shims anymore.

Be careful out there.

+1
    i have a c-1 wheel,custom intake,free flo exhaust,powershot,13/23,riva intake grate,bov,air mod,jims modded ride plate.i shimmed it aprox 0.40 thousandths and i had a best speed of 75.0mph gps but it bounces pretty good while superman today i shimmed it aprox 0.80-0.90 thousands was a little bit better not much and my best speed was 74.3mph so im starting to lose some speed as i shim gotta figure out a way to keep it shimmed slightly and stop the bouncing.also i had no signs of stuffing the pump

+1
    i have a c-1 wheel,custom intake,free flo exhaust,powershot,13/23,riva intake grate,bov,air mod,jims modded ride plate.i shimmed it aprox 0.40 thousandths and i had a best speed of 75.0mph gps but it bounces pretty good while superman today i shimmed it aprox 0.80-0.90 thousands was a little bit better not much and my best speed was 74.3mph so im starting to lose some speed as i shim gotta figure out a way to keep it shimmed slightly and stop the bouncing.also i had no signs of stuffing the pump
    Ahhh, that's some pretty good numbers with the mods you have.

You might have lost some speed because of heat soak too if it's warm by you. I am finding summer time is not a good time to do back to back stuff especially down here.

What was your overall gain in mph when you put Jim's plate on?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    Ahhh, that's some pretty good numbers with the mods you have.

You might have lost some speed because of heat soak too if it's warm by you. I am finding summer time is not a good time to do back to back stuff especially down here.

What was your overall gain in mph when you put Jim's plate on?
    yea i am very impressed in how the ski is running and very impressed in the plate jim modded up for me just if i can get some of the bouncing to stop.id say i picked up a solid 3.5-3.8mph out of the plate.tonite i sealed the plate up and filled the holes in i got it shimmed at .040-.045 just one washer ill post results tomorrow

yea i am very impressed in how the ski is running and very impressed in the plate jim modded up for me just if i can get some of the bouncing to stop.id say i picked up a solid 3.5-3.8mph out of the plate.tonite i sealed the plate up and filled the holes in i got it shimmed at .040-.045 just one washer ill post results tomorrow

Is this shim in inches or mm? If I shimmed .045 inch I would get thrown off.

+1
    My ski bounces while in superman position and I have the stock plate.

I really don't get it. So many different results with different parts. Some people have no bouncing, some have tons. I'm going to have my stock ride plate machined a bit to add more angle. I'm sure I won't get near as much speed out of it as Jim's plate, but I'm going to tinker with it until I see if RIVA finds a way to cure the bouncing on the SHOs with their plate.

SHOdude, the positive pump wedge didn't help the bouncing issue at all? Did it worsen it? Did you gain any speed whatsoever?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information