+1

GP1200 - Grate debate..

Looking to get some opinions two grates that I have. One has had a center bar welded in for some reason - it was a pro-tec. Other - I have no idea what brand it is?

Its a '99 GP1200 - stock engine, stock impeller at the moment. Have a Solas concord, Riva (long) & Pro-tec (I think) ride plate, stock '97 ride plate, '99 & '97 nozzles, Riva & Pro-Tec extended steering nozzles.

Will be riding in the surf some, chop/rough water. Do not care about top speed - hookup is what I am looking for.

Any thoughts would be nice. Was thinking about pulling out the welded in center bars - but maybe it is a 'hot' setup?

Thanks

Joe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02796.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	140381  

I am in for some results. Let us know how each one performs.

see replys below...

Quote Originally Posted by zrtman View Post
    Looking to get some opinions two grates that I have. One has had a center bar welded in for some reason - it was a pro-tec. Other - I have no idea what brand it is? center bar would have made it stronger ,and keep larger crap out ... the 2 bar with out the wings is prob the faster of the two grates... 'for in the rough, i would remove that center bar and keep the wings to help you get more water and less air into the pump..

Its a '99 GP1200 - stock engine, stock impeller at the moment. Have a Solas concord, Riva (long) & Pro-tec (I think) ride plate, stock '97 ride plate, '99 & '97 nozzles, Riva & Pro-Tec extended steering nozzles. longest plate is what you want, with out hesitating you cant go wrong with a plate neer to the long o/e 97 (longer the better for rough work)...for water jet nozzel, depending on what they are stamped with, you can change trust angle of the jet and then fine tune for the moment with the trim system..if anything have the diameter oppen up to process more water...extended nozzels will help you with directional control ( and that they are metel helps in safety)

Will be riding in the surf some, chop/rough water. Do not care about top speed - hookup is what I am looking for.

Any thoughts would be nice. Was thinking about pulling out the welded in center bars - but maybe it is a 'hot' setup? imo,yank that bar its un needed

Thanks

Joe

Thread Information