+1

Yamaha 650 and 701 motors

I have a 650 Superjet that I was thinking of upgrading to a 701. I need a little information from anyone who knows. I have heard that the 701 will drop in place of the 650 with no changes to be made. How true is this?
    I've been searching on E-bay, and have found a lot of parts. What parts, if any, are interchangeable between the 650 and 701?
    I saw a lot of 62T parts for the 701, and even a 62X. What is the difference of the 2?
    I would hate to canibalize a perfectly good 650, but I would consider if it would not take much to convert it to a 701.
    Any help or advice would be great.
    Thanks.

For all your SuperJet needs look no further than this site
    http://www.x-h2o.com/index.php

There are several ways to go about upgrading your 650 to a 701 so read all the info and decide which way works for you.

I like the 61X upgrade my self as you can reuse a lot of your current 6M6 parts (crank, bottom case, ignition,....).

While you are at that site look in the Freestyle and Freeride section or check our Ronny's picture galleries.

P.S. Don't let them tell you that Squares aren't sexy

+1
    I love my square nose! It just needs more power. Coming soon.
    Thanks Boris.

Kirk,
    just because you have a 650 doesn't mean that you can't have power.
    In fact you can get a nice bottom end hit for very little money.

I have a Pro-Tec pipe and a solas concord 12/15 3mm set back prop on my 650, the thing keeps up with a 701 round nose on top with a better hit on the bottom.

I saw a pipe like mine go for $50 on ebay (no one wants them as they don't work on the 701's) and you can cut yous stock head for a compression increase. Loose the rev limiter on your stock CDI (easy to do at home or send it out to get done), and you will have enough power to do any trick.

The money you save on the 701 spend on something like a good pole and a spare hood that you can mod.

+1
    After 2 hours of reading last night, I have came to the conclusion that you speak of. For what I want, I can spend far less time and money by working on what I have. I just want something that will rip my arms off. Going to E-bay now. Thanks again.

+1
    I can't find the pipe on e-bay. Please post or send me a link.
    I thought I read something on moding the CDI, more reading. I guess I will send my head to protect and get me that prop soon. We're going to the lake next weekend and then I have knee surgery a week later so I don't want to tear into it right now. I can just start buying stuff though.

This guy has a bunch of parts that might interest you
    http://www.pwctoday.com/classifieds/...uct=4328&cat=4

He says that he has the chamber only but looking at the photos I see much more. He even has a few heads to chose from.

This ski on ebay has a similar pipe to mine except that one is cast aluminum where I have the stainless one.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991-...15036389QQrdZ1
    They look almost the same but the one I have is less prone to cracking.

Keep an eye on PWCTodays classified and X-H2O as well but be ready to jump on what you want as the better parts go quick.

So, what handle pole do you have on your square ?
    If you have the stock one than I highly recommend you look around for something else.
    When the stock pole brakes (an it will) it can get rather sharp so in the name of safety (good excuse) replace it.
    I use a stock round nose pole that has been shortened 3 1/2" and re-enforced and I think it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Pete at legdrag.com makes pole brackets that allows you to bolt up the RN pole to the SN and they are STRONG. With this setup you can also run a breather tube up the RN pole kind of like the X-metal setup which really helps when you do them long subs.

But back to the topic, I'll keep my eyes open for a pipe. I'm sure something will pop up for little cash.

Bunch of fun at rock bottom prices, got to love these stand ups.

+1
    I love that blue square nose and home boy on pwctoday got some parts.
    Looks like they are going fast.
    I'm trying to get in touch with him now.

Other than the intake grate and ride plate, my sled is bone stock. I am not much into the tricks, more in to arm ripping speed. I just want to learn to run the bouys but I need a lot more power first. Jetskr, my main riding partner, has a bad a$$ Kawi 650 and the bottom and mid punch is freaking unbelievalble. You litterally better have a firm grip when you squeese the throttle. After riding his, I knew it was time to get stuid. I even rode it yesterday, against doctor's and wife's orders; man that thing is fast. Keep your eyes peeled and let me know if you run across anything. I am looking forward to modding this thing even more than my GPRs. I know if will be cheeper too.

These things are a blast, and a hellofa workout too.

dont waste money on that 650
    you can use many parts in the convertion you just need a case a cilynder head and pipe for any 701 i prefer factory and a set of carbs
    you can re use the crank ,electronics,stator,starter ,vendix ,and yes the will bolt on you can spend les than $800 and have the 701 eng runing if you need any help on these let me know i have all the parts you need minus pipe e mail me to [email protected]
    change the 650 to a 701 will be the best mode you ever made and will last for years

Thread Information